Phu Quoc is the biggest and the most beautiful island which is very well-known in Vietnam. However, when traveling to Phu Quoc, each visitor will have their own impression and feeling. This article will provide you a lot of information about this amazing island.|
1. Things you should know:
If you are going to do a Vietnam Motorbike tour to Phu Quoc, please remember that there are not many trees in a lot of streets in Phu Quoc. It is quite sunny and very hot so you need to wear long sleeve T-shirt and pants, wear hats, sunglasses…to protect yourselves from sunray.
Do not travel to Phu Quoc in wet or flood season. You should check the weather forcast to know more about the weather in Phu Quoc before deciding to go or not. Traveling in Phu Quoc by motorbikes, you are not afraid of loosing your motorbikes because Phu Quoc is an island and is far from the land.
2. Specialities of Phu Quoc:
In Phu Quoc Island you can buy specialties as a gift such as myrtle wine, fish sauce, melaleuca mushroom, sea pineapple, black pepper, white pepper…
3. Where to sleep in Phu Quoc?
Visitors divide the islands into many areas such as the South of the island (An Thoi port): inconvenient in moving, lack of hotels; the North of the island; the Northeast of the island; the East of the island (Ham Ninh fishing village) and the West of the island (Duong Dong town): very convenient to stay here because it is the center of the island, there are so many activities, services and hotels.
Experienced visitors have an advice that you should stay in Duong Dong town because there are so many hotels from cheap to a little bit expensive, from 1 star to 4 star hotels. In the evening, you can walk to Dinh Cau, night market, beach…
4. Places to visit in Phu Quoc
If you travel to Phu Quoc by yourself, feel free to visit where you love. There are some famous landscapes such as ancient fishing village Ham Ninh, Dai beach, Sao beach, Khem beach, Da Ban stream, pepper garden, statue area, Nguyen Trung Truc temple, Phu Quoc prison, Ganh Dau cape…
Or you can follow the rout as below:
- Visit the East of the island: go to Ham Ninh fishing village (visit Suoi Tranh area on the way), take the picture of the long bridge at the port, learn more about how to produce fish sauce at some households, admire sunset in Phu Quoc island.
- Visit the North of the island: visit pepper garden in Khu Tuong, Phu Quoc National park, Nguyen Trung Truc temple, Ganh Dau cape, sea border of Vietnam and Cambodia…From Duong Dong to the North of the island is quite far and hard to go because you have to go long the forest, so you should visit the North of the island in the morning. On the way, you can turn into Thom beach (in the Northeast of the island).
- Visit Duong Dong: On the way to the North of the island and Da Ban waterfall, if you can arrange the time to visit Duong Dong, please come to fish sauce producing establishes, Dinh Cau, Sung Hung pagoda, Duong Dong market. Come here, you can go swimming. Duong Dong has many beautiful beaches and you can swim anytime you want.
- Visit the South of the island: you can visit Phu Quoc prision, An Thoi port, Sao beach, Coi Nguon museum. You can come to the South of the island in the afternoon after visiting the North of the island (from the North to the South of the island is about 48km.
5. Travel in Phu Quoc:
If you arrive in Phu Quoc and want to find information about traveling in Phu Quoc, please come to Buddy ice-cream restaurant in Nguyen Trai str. (near My Linh hotel) to ask for the information about services such as bike renting, hotels, restaurants…Go to the information desk to take the documents or free maps (no problem if you do not buy ice-cream.
If you go with group of 5 to 7 people, you can catch a taxi to visit the island. But, if you want to admire the scenery and stop whenever you want to stop, rent a motorbike is much better. The rout from An Thoi to Ham Ninh and Duong Dong is quite difficult and dangerous because the way is very narrow with so many big cars and bicycles. You should take the motorbike license with.
6. Best time to visit Phu Quoc
Phu Quoc has 2 distinctive seasons: dry and wet seasons. Dry season is from November to April. The peak season here is from May to September. However, best time to visit Phu Quoc is from October to March. During this time, the sea is quite, nice weather, the temperature is about 28 degree Celsius, very great for Vietnam Motorbike Tours.
Related Articles -
Vietnam Motorcycle Tours, Vietnam Motorbike Tours, motorcycle tours vietnam, motorbike tours vietnam, Vietnam motorbike tour, motorbike tour Vietnam,