Your garage door is probably not a part of your home that you give a lot of thought to. As long as it goes up and down, that’s all that matters, right? Not so much. There are a lot of other factors that can determine whether your garage door is in good shape. If it’s not, it’s best to replace it as soon as possible in order to prevent injury or damage from occurring. Here are a few indicators that it’s time to invest in a replacement garage in Marietta:
- There are broken parts that can’t be replaced. To ensure that your garage door is in good order, it’s important to inspect it regularly. If you begin to notice that parts are missing or broken, that’s a red flag that a repair is in order. In some cases, your garage door may just need a few replacement parts in order for it to open and close correctly. However, if those parts are too costly or no longer made, it’s a sign that you need to purchase a new garage door.
- Fraying cords and wires. Your garage door is made up of a series of wires and parts. When these wires are damaged or broken, however, they can become hazardous. If you notice that they are not connected properly, it’s time for a replacement door. This will prevent unexpected closures or injuries from occurring.
- Shaking movements. Your garage door was designed to make your life easier. It should open and close with ease. However, if you’ve began to notice some shaking when it is going up or down, it’s time to start shopping for a new door. This is an indicator that something is amiss. Whether it’s one broken part or a few different ones, something is causing your door to lift unevenly. It could be a difficult fix.
- Jerky movements. Your garage door should communicate easily with your opener. There should be no hesitation when it opens and closes. In the even that you notice some jerking movements, it’s time to have it replaced immediately. Otherwise, an unexpected collapse could happen. This could seriously injure you or damage your property.
- An uneven door. The garage door is designed to keep your property safe and protected from the elements and from unwelcome guests. If your garage door isn’t resting evenly on the ground, it defeats the purpose of having one. This can occur from a mechanical malfunction or from damaged parts. No matter what is causing it, it warrants a replacement. Otherwise, you could find rodents or cold weather creeping into your garage.
- Unsafe features. If you’ve noticed that your garage door doesn’t have sensors or other safety features, you will definitely need to replace it. A safe garage door will be able to sense when an object is in its path while closing. It will then reverse its motion and refuse to close. This can keep children, animals, cars, and belongings safe from a heavy door. If your door is lacking in basic safety features, invest in one to ensure your security.
- Higher power bills. A damaged garage door will allow hotter or cold air to slip through it cracks. Then, it could cause the temperature in your home to increase or decrease. This can make your heating and air system work even harder to regulate the temperature. If you’ve noticed a spike in your energy bill, it might be time to replace the garage door.
Your garage door is more than just a door that your car hides behind. It is a protective measure. Don’t let your security be compromised. If you notice any red flags with your garage door, it’s time to start searching for a replacement garage in Marietta.
Related Articles -
replacement, garage, Marietta,