Adware and Spyware may invade your privacy, contain malicious code, and at the very least they can be a nuisance when using a computer connected to the Internet. |
Adware is considered a legitmate alternative offered to consumers who do not wish to pay for software. The advertisements usually run in a small section of the software interface or as a pop-up ad box on your desktop. When you stop running the software, the ads should disappear. This allows consumers to try the software before they buy and you always have the option of disabling the ads by purchasing a registration key. When you quit the program the ads will stop running on your system.
Spyware is considered a malicious program and is similar to a Trojan Horse in that users unwittingly install the product when they install something else. A common way to become a victim of spyware is to download certain peer-to-peer file swapping products that are available today.
Spyware works like adware but is usually a separate program that is installed unknowingly when you install another freeware type program or application. Once installed, the spyware monitors user activity on the Internet and transmits that information in the background to someone else. Spyware can also gather information about e-mail addresses and even passwords and credit card numbers.
Below are a few easy, cost-effective steps you can take to make your computer more secure.
· Always make backups of important information and store in a safe place separate from your computer.
· Run an antivirus program and update it regularly;
· Use a virus scanner before you start to use any floppy disks; Consider making a boot disk on a floppy disk in case your computer is damaged or compromised by a malicious program. · Make sure that only authorised persons have access to your PC;
· Don't use illegal copies of software;
· Review your browser and email settings for optimum security.
· Spammers keep finding more creative ways to fill our email boxes. So...do NOT open unknown email attachments. It is simply not enough that you may recognize the address from which it originates because many viruses can spread from a familiar address.
· Do not run programs from unknown origins. Also, do not send these types of programs to friends and coworkers because they contain funny or amusing stories or jokes. · Make it a habit to always scan all new programs or files no matter from where they originate.
· Use a personal Internet Firewall to help protect your computer from by viruses, Trojans, and worms; Install a firewall. Without a good firewall, viruses, worms, Trojans, malware and adware can all easily access your computer from the Internet.
· Update and patch your operating system, web browser and software frequently. If you have a Windows operating system, start by going to www.windowsupdate.microsoft.com and running the update wizard. This program will help you find the latest patches for your Windows computer. Also go to www.officeupdate.microsoft.com to locate possible patches for your Office programs.
· Turn off your computer and disconnect from the network when not using the computer. A hacker can not attack your computer when you are disconnected from the network or the computer is off.
Sometimes it's tough to sort out all the details related to this subject, but I'm positive you'll have no trouble making sense of the information presented above. Take the advantage of learning about them and of discovering how they work.
Get This Massive Collection Of 'How To' SEO Training Videos That Show The Easy Ways To Increase Your Online Profits, now: http://www.e-bestsellers.com/page14.html
Discover how to watch and learn while you sell & earn with this Massive Collection of Internet Business Training Videos: http://www.e-bestsellers.com/page12.html
It is important that you know how to utilize these information correctly. Studying and understanding them deeply is the key to make them work for you.
Don't limit yourself by refusing to learn the details about Adware and Spyware The more you know, the easier it will be to focus on what's important.
So far, we've uncovered some interesting facts about Adware and Spyware. You may decide that the following information is even more interesting.
Copyright © Anne-Marie Ronsen
You have permission to publish this article electronically, in print, in your ebook or on your web site, free of charge, as long as the author bylines are included.
free download free ebooks free software free premium content manual website submission
Anne-Marie Ronsen is the author of many wealth and self development books. Download FREE e-books from http://www.e-bestsellers.com, http://www.plrbestsellers.com or http://www.universalpublishingltd.com ...You will learn about the best tips and recommendations to improve your health, weight and wealth. You'll also discover FREE Premium content at http://www.ibestof.com/ and Manual Submission Directory at: http://www.webdirectorybank.com
Related Articles -
Spyware, Adware, PC,