It seems that the options are endless when selecting a roofing system. But all roofing systems are not the same and it's important to remember; in order to make a well-informed decision there are a number of variables that owners and facility managers will want to take into account.
Today some of the more popular types of Commercial Roofing in okc used include:
• Felt-bonded together on site with hot bitumen multiple layers of roofing are used by built-up roofing utilizes. Three-or four-ply smooth built-up or four-ply gravel surface built-up are its types.
• With the strength of a glass-reinforced polyester mat, fatigue-resistant and exceptional elongation properties are combined in modified bitumen roofing systems. Torch applied APP, cold applied APP and hot asphalt SBS are the types included.
• When a roof deck does not provide adequate slope, to reduce or eliminate the amount of ponding/standing water on the membrane tapered insulation systems are designed.
Types include: Perlite, Tapered EPS and Tapered Polyiso are included in it.
• Virtually for all institutional, industrial and commercial applications TPO Roofing Systems are ideally suited.
They come in a variety of colors are wind and fire resistant, flexible, and durable. Types include: vented, ballasted, fully adhered, and mechanically attached. Metal Roofing in okc is also considered.
• For both re-roof and new roof, a low slope application the most popular material is the single ply roofing.
With exceptional wind uplift resistance a variety of installation options is offered by the versatile membrane and long-term, superior weather ability is also delivered.
• Mechanically attached EPDM, ballasted EPDM and fully adhered EPDM are the types.
How does a facility manager with all of the different types of roofing systems available know which one to select? When selecting a roofing system several factors are to be considered by facility managers:
Physical Makeup – Consider whether the facility is an existing or a new structure, age, shape and design, as well as your building’s size.
Geographical Location – The direction your building faces weather trends and building codes must be considered. As from year to year and location to location annual rainfall, potential snow load and geographic variations in wind velocity all vary there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all roofing system. Important factors are nearby trees and roof orientation that will shade the roof.
Roof Details – Consider the rooftop access, shape, size, deck, slope, protrusions and edge. While walkways that provide way to rooftop units are required by others some roofs have very little traffic. It will need additional structural pathway support if your new roof will have high foot traffic needs.
Building Construction / Materials – the building's material types must be considered—steel, wood, the current types of fire protection and HVAC equipment, and brick.
Roofing Partner – Certified, knowledgeable and locally-based and qualified roofing contractors in okc must be chosen. For the best roofing installation with the best roofing warranties awarded proper installation is critical.
Budget – Be sure your budget is current and realistic. It is recommended that when it comes to maintenance and roofing needs establishing a 20 year budget forecast is essential.
With an experienced commercial roofer that has local references and a good reputation, is professional and responsive, understands the local weather and climate conditions and in the area they service is respected and certified facility managers should always work.