Why you don’t cook? Maybe you have plenty of excuses. But be aware, these are excuses. There are no good reasons not to cook. Because everyone knows that, everyone can cook and there are heaps of benefits preparing the food at home. Humans start cooking 125, 000 years ago, and we never stop. |
So what more excuses you have. No time or too lazy? I know. I have the same problems. Start it occasionally is a good idea, then you will crazy about it. When you are enjoying the food and share it with your love one, you will get what I mean.
We have 8 reasons to push you moving and start cooking:
1. Save money - Normally taking meals in restaurant, it is always cost at least 40% more than if you cook it at home. The prices of restaurants have to include variety of costs that you can save if you cook at home. Such as labor cost, rental and profit. Sometime, even the basic food ingredients they will charge you more than normal prices. Other costs include transport cost you get to restaurant and maybe parking fee.
2. Reduce sodium, fat and sugar taken - Consider having a healthier diet. People intend to reduce sodium, fat and sugar taken. But everyone have the same experience, you tell the waiter or waitress reduces salt, oil and sugar added into your foods. But at the end, when you are eating your food, you know, the chef may have different measurement with yours tongue. It is still too salty, too oily or too sweet. You don’t have this problem when you control the seasoning yourself.
3. Eat the way you prefer - Maybe you like the meat to be tender, spicier, sweeter or less salty. You like the fish to be steam, bake or deep fry. You always have the methods of cooking or taste that you prefer, but it just not in the menus. You might request to the restaurants how you would like your foods to be prepared. But it always turns out not what you want. Cook it at home, you get what you want.
4. You know what you eat - In restaurant, you have a very delicious meal. But, do you know what you have eaten. What are the ingredients, and what seasonings have added into your foods? Think about it. What you eat might not what you think it is. Chemicals or processed food ingredients that can make the dishes so delicious but might not that healthy to your body. In restaurant’s kitchen, you are not sure all the ingredients and everything else are washing properly and clean. You don’t know the preparation and cooking processes. Cook it at home, and then you have no worry to all these uncertainties.
5. Better relationship among family members - Taking a small portion of time to cook simple, healthful and tasty meals will not only benefit your body, but will also boost your mood. Home-cooking can be a social event, sharing meals with beloved family and friends. Cook with your kids and teach them about what you’re doing, even if it’s something as simple as how to cook a pot of whole-grains, they will be more likely to eat well later in life. People always have sweet memories related to signature foods of their parents or grandparents cook for them. Foods create bond among family members when you cooking and enjoy home cook meals together.
6. Eat the right amount, not overeat - When dine out, foods always come with large portion than enough, and people finish the foods to avoid wastage. In other cases, people intend to order more than enough in the mind of testing each dish. When they are dining with a bunch of friends or family members, they always think that other people can finish the foods. In fact, the foods are too much. This always cause overeat at the end. Another problem is we can’t really estimate the portion of foods served by restaurant, so we might order more than enough and overeat. Cooking at home enable us to cook the right portion also if there are left over, we can store it for later.
7. Reduce wastes, save our planet - In restaurant, they provide you the best parts of any food ingredients. Most of the time, they do dispose some parts which we will still use it at home. And in restaurant, if there are any leftover foods, we hardly ask to take away. Obviously, restaurants have to throw away a lot of foods every year. According to a study, Americans throw away nearly half their food every year, waste worth roughly $165 billion annually. Cooking at home not only allow us prepare the right portion but also we are more willing to keep the leftover foods for other time. Cooking at home reduces wastage of foods, also fully utilizes food resources.
8. Preserved nutrition and vitamins of food ingredients - More nutrition and vitamins are being lost if the food ingredients take longer time to prepare and serve to us. It included the time of transportation and being exposed in open air. In restaurants, most vegetables are peeled or trimmed before cooking to remove the tough skin or outer leaves in order to make the dish tastier. But, nutrients, such as vitamins, tend to lie close to the skin surface of most vegetables. Restaurants buy in bulks. During storage and processing the raw ingredients, it lost more nutrients value than we cooking at home. We care to keep the nutrients value of food ingredients for our love one, but most restaurants more likely to care more of the food taste and the satisfaction of customers. So, cooking at home, always you can take in more good value of the foods.
Are you ready to start cooking? Get going now. Check out this, it’s all about food and recipes.
Related Articles -
cooking, food, recipe,