Dental braces have for long been the only resort for teenagers or young adults to fix their smile. As children grow, they teeth may face crowding and push some of the teeth inwards or outwards. This misalignment of the teeth can affect their smile and sometimes their confidence. For a long time, braces were the go to treatment for anyone who wants to fix the misalignment of their teeth. Now there is a clear alternative called - Invisalign. Let us look at how they compare. |
1. Generally made of metal and put an emphasis on function over style. The braces are completely visible.
2. Average time spent in braces is anywhere from 18 months to 3 years.
3. Start showing noticeable impact within a short period of time.
4 Maintenance can be time consuming.
5. The brackets and wires in the braces make oral hygiene an issue.
1. Invisalign aligner are completely invisible. Invisalign focuses on both function and style. The aligners are also removable.
2. Invisalign aligners are more comfortable than braces. The wires and brackets in braces can sometimes irritate your gums and cheeks.
3. Average time spent in Invisalign would be anywhere from 6 and 18 months. You will need to wear the aligners, at least 22-22 hours a day. But because of their comfort you will not feel it in the first place.
4. Because they are removable, you can take them out before eating and drinking and after oral hygiene put them back on.
In sum, Invisalign takes a longer time then braces to correct your smile, but it is more comfortable and aesthetic. Invisalign is also significantly costlier then braces. It is important that you choose a dentist that is a an Invisalign Pro Provider to get the highest quality service.
Kaur Dental of Fox Chapel, Best Invisalign Provider, Kaur Dental
Related Articles -
dental braces, Invisalign, braces vs Invisalign, cosmetic dentistry, fixing smile,