Finding dry skin on the male organ can definitely cause anxiety for any man. A patch of dry skin can bring some of the worst-case scenarios to mind! Luckily, most causes of dry male skin are commonplace and easy to remedy. At worst, a man can expect a little discomfort as the skin heals and returns to its smooth natural state. Here are a few of the most reported causes of dry skin on the male organ and how to treat them. |
1) Harsh Soaps - Male organ skin is very delicate, and harsh soaps can lead to dryness and irritation. Harsh soaps containing sodium lauryl sulfates (SLS), lye, polypropylene, and triclosan should be avoided at all costs. Use just water or a gentle soap like baby shampoo to gently clean the area.
2) Allergies -- Allergies to lotions, rubbers, laundry detergents, certain fabrics, or other personal care products have been known to cause dry skin on the male organ. Other associated symptoms of allergy include sneezing, a runny nose, wheezing, and watery eyes.
3) Chafing - Too tight pants, underwear, or shorts can cause chafing, leading to irritation and dry skin. Be sure not to make things around the private area too tight to avoid chafing.Also, wear breathable, soft fabrics so that the area doesn’t get too moist, or it will attract bacteria.
4) Yeast Infection - Yeast infections can cause not only cause dry male skin but also manifest a rash, swelling around the head of the member, thick discharge under the foreskin, and white patches on the skin. It can also be quite painful to have intimate relations or urinate. Use an over-the-counter anti-fungal cream on the head (and under the sheath if intact) until symptoms are gone. Abstain from manual stimulation and partner intimacy until the infection is completely clear.
5) Eczema - Eczema is a common skinproblem where the skin is dry, inflamed, or irritated.Treat the area with an over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream as directed by a pharmacist or doctor. Be sure to moisturize the area daily and after any contact with water to minimize additional drying.
6) Psoriasis - Psoriasis is a skin disease which causes red, scaly patches on the skin. Thankfully it isn’t hazardous or contagious. See a doctor or dermatologist for a prescription cortisone cream to treat the affected area. A crème with vitamins A and E for regular moisturizing is also helpful.
7) Dry Coupling or Manual Stimulation - Prolonged sensual activity without adequate lubrication can cause dry skin on the male organ. Using a lubricant can prevent dryness and make it more pleasurable. Lubricants come in three formulations: water-based, oil-based, and silicone-based. Water-based lubricants are least likely to cause irritation.
Practice Good Male OrganCare for Health
Regardless of the source of the problem, good grooming habits can go a long way in reducing irritation and dry skin on the male organ. Be sure to wash the area every day using gentle pressure and a gentle cleanser. Moisturize the member regularly to keep it smooth and supple. Keep the groin area dry and wear breathable fabrics so as to discourage moisture and bacteria, and opt for looser pants or at least fitted pants in lieu of tight trousers.
When it comes to moisturizing delicate male organ skin, a specially formulated male organ health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) should be used. Nutrient creams that are made explicitly for the manhood should encompass ingredients such as vitamins A, C, D, and E, which are well-known for their skin-soothing and rejuvenating properties. Men should also select a product containing a natural emollient such as Shea butter, which repairs dry skin and returns it to its originally smooth state.
Visit www.menshealthfirst.com for more information about treating common male organ health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of male organ sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Related Articles -
dry skin on the male organ, dry male skin, male organ health crème,