As men age, lots of things happen. They get wiser, they tell long stories about the trials and tribulations of walking 18 miles to school in two feet of snow wearing only flip-flops and calling Facebook “the Facebook.” Something that can also happen to men as they age is andropause. Never heard of it? Andropause is famously known as male menopause. Generally, this happens to men around the age of 50 when androgen levels begin to dip. This can make a man feel a little or a lot different from his “old self” of the past. The interesting thing is, not all men experience it. In fact, it’s reported that only about two percent of men experience symptoms of male menopause. Here are a few of the most commonly reported symptoms: |
1) Loss of Stamina – One of the symptoms found by scientists was the inability to engage in vigorous physical activity. The get-up-and-go they once had is now a sit-and-stay-sitting type feeling.
2) A Serious Case of the Blues – Depression is highly affected by hormones, so it makes sense that as androgen dips, it can bring on bouts of sadness. To be clear, depression is a steadily depressed mood or loss of interest in activities that reach beyond sadness. This can lead to other major fluctuations in lifestyle including appetite, sleep, concentration, energy level, and self-esteem. Please seek professional help immediately if depressed.
3) Fatigue and Weakness – Two of the symptoms most commonly reported were feelings of unexplained fatigue and weakness. He may now need help moving the couch or may be too exhausted to head to the kitchen for some popcorn.
4) Loss of Muscle Mass – When androgen production declines, men can experience diminishing muscle mass which in turn leads to a feeling of weakness. Things, like adding more protein to the diet and using resistance training, are ways to preserve muscle mass and fight some of those related symptoms of male menopause.
5) “Let’s Get It On” becomes “Let’s Get a Nap” – As people age, it’s not unusual for them to desire intimacy less than they did in their 20s. However, when the urge to make love goes weeks, months, and even years, this can cause significant stress, concern, and problems in a relationship. Men who are concerned about their drive can take supplements to build it back up.
6) Male Organ Dysfunction – Male organ dysfunction (MOD) is the inability to maintain a firm produce during mutual pleasure or other sensual activities. This is usually the most known symptom of male menopause. MOD can really affect a man’s self-esteem, relationships, and stress levels. There are several ways to address MOD, from medication to holistic therapies, which are best to discuss with a trusted physician to find the best treatment for each personal situation.
As a result of experiencing these symptoms of menopause, a man can go through a lot of physical, emotional, and sensual changes. Seeing a therapist or a trusted friend to talk is a good way to keep andropause in check and to ensure it doesn’t negatively affect self-worth or relationships while changes are happening.
Things that help curb the symptoms of menopause include things like getting adequate, restful sleep, eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, participating in stress management techniques, and having a strong support circle. Self-care should be top of mind for men experiencing symptoms of male menopause.
Men who are subject to MOD may also want to try a specially formulated male organ health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) daily. These specials creams are made specifically for the male organ and contain vitamins such as A, B, D, and E, which provide healthy cellular function. In addition, men should use a product containing vitamin C as it helps blood flow to the male organ for creating strong hardness.
Visit www.menshealthfirst.com for more information about treating common male organ health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of male organ sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Related Articles -
symptoms of male menopause, andropause, male organ health creme,