You’ve spent countless hours agonizing over which color and texture of carpet to put in your home. Now that it’s been installed, you can’t help but bask in its beautiful, clean glory. You wish that those soft fibers would last forever. So, what do you do when your new carpet starts to look a bit dingy? Call in a professional cleaner! It’s recommended that you have your carpet cleaned professionally 1-2 times per year. This will remove any set-in stains and can also keep dirt from breaking down the fibers within your carpet. If you are getting ready to have your carpet in Mesa, AZ, cleaned, here are a few things you’ll need to do beforehand.
- Vacuum well. Even though your carpets are about to be cleaned professionally, that doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t be free of debris beforehand. Take some time to vacuum your carpet well. This will make it easier for the cleaners to focus on getting deep within the fibers.
- Move any furniture necessary. Chances are that you have large pieces of furniture on your carpet. If you want the carpet underneath of them to be cleaned, you’ll need to move them. Most companies won’t move your furniture for you due to liability issues. If you don’t care if the carpets underneath these pieces are cleaned, just leave them where they are. Your cleaners will work around them.
- Know exactly what you want cleaned. Be sure to mention any walk-in closets, rooms, and carpeted staircases that you would like to have cleaned. If there are certain areas you’d like your cleaners to avoid, be sure to mention those as well.
- Keep your kids and pets out of the way. While they might be curious about the new person in their space, it’s important to keep all of your little ones out of the cleaner’s way. Not only will it complicate the process, but it could also be a safety hazard. Put the pets outside and keep the kids out of the carpeted areas while the cleaning is happening.
- Plan for the cleaning accordingly. In some cases, it might be best for you to be gone during and after the cleaning process. Depending on the type of cleaning and solution that is being used, it might take several hours for the carpet to dry. If this is the case, plan to run errands or do your grocery shopping during this time. It will keep your carpets from having dirt tracked onto its surface while wet.
- Move fragile items. Your carpet cleaners will be maneuvering around your house with a large machine. Corners will be bumped and tables could be jostled. If you have delicate or fragile decor about, it’s best to stow them away. This will prevent anything from breaking or being damaged during the process.
- Point out any areas of concern. Got stains or spots that are driving you crazy? Now is the time to bring it up. Many carpet cleaners charge extra for the removal of specific types of stains. Be sure to speak with your cleaning company beforehand about any troubling areas.
- Speak with the company about any requirements that they may have and schedule accordingly. Different companies will have different protocols about how to prepare for your appointment. While the above are basic guidelines, it’s best to verify with them to ensure you don’t miss anything.
Having your carpet in Mesa, AZ, cleaned 1-2 times a year is an excellent way to extend its life. With regular maintenance, your flooring will remain looking as clean and luscious as the day it was installed.
Related Articles -
carpet, Mesa, AZ,