Most homeowners are unaware that their roof needs to be replaced, which can result in more damage to their home. A roof needs an inspection at least once or twice a year. During that inspection an experienced roofing contractor will look for: |
1. Shingle Damage: There are many ways to determine if your shingles are damaged. Look for curled or buckling shingles. Poor ventilation or old shingles will eventually start to curl.
2. Attic Damage: The attic is a great place to start when inspecting your roof. If there is moisture in the attic, that usually means that there is a leak in the roof somewhere.
3. Roof Valleys: A valley is one of the most important areas of your roof. The roof valley is the Vee-shaped metal channels that run up and down the folds of the roof. They are used to direct rainfall and snow into the gutters.
4. Missing Shingles: Shingles can easily become missing if high winds occur or if the shingle is old. Without shingles, your whole roof is compromised.
5. Sagging Spots: Your roof line should be straight. If you notice a dip or sag then your roof is not supported properly or has become damaged.
If the inspection of your roof results in you needing a roof replacement near Lexington, you should research your Homeowners Insurance Policy to see if your roof has coverage. Having to navigate through an insurance claim process can require lots of information, but if you follow these tips below, the process will be a little easier.
Tip 1 Inspect Like mentioned above, if you hire an experienced roofing contractor to inspect your roof once or twice yearly, you will be able to detect any damage within a short amount of time.
Tip 2 Inspect Right After a Storm On top of inspecting your roof once or twice yearly, you should also have it inspected after a big storm. Some insurance policies have certain time frames of when they will approve your claim after the damage occurs.
Tip 3 Document Take pictures and document the details related to the damage. An experienced roofing company can help determine the severity of the damage and provide a report of the costs. The insurance company will also want the time and dates the damaged occurred, the events that caused the damage, and measurements.
Tip 4 Choose an Experienced Roofing Contractor An experienced roofing company will work with your homeowner's insurance to make sure the claim is processed correctly and promptly to ensure you get maximum reimbursement. The roofing company will also provide your insurance with all information needed.
Overall, it's important to know all insurance companies are different and it just depends on your policy and coverage. For best results find a roofing contractor in Lexington that has experience in dealing with insurance claims.
Related Articles -
Roofing, Lexington, Kentucky, Contractor, Repair, Maintenance, New, Replace, Roof,