POS or point of sale software functions at a significant speed. If you have visited an Apple Store recently, you would notice old cash registers replaced with the latest POS systems. Traditional retailers have started to use latest appliances like smartphones and tablets. The complicated systems are expensive and remain as a huge investment. It is not only retail stores have employed the POS systems but also the e-commerce and online store owners who exhibit and sell products at trade shows, craft fairs, and farmer markets are looking to install easy to use and inexpensive point of sale systems.
What is meant by POS or point of sale software?
The traditional retail stores were conducting sales with the help of POS software. It functions as a computer, a cash register or also an iPad. The cashiers record the price of products, calculate the cost and perform the financial transactions. The majority of POS software will connect with inventory so as to manage the balance. If you have visited large retail stores, it is common to see expensive POS solutions installed for the purpose of billing. It will even be customized as per the customer requirements. Nowadays, small retailers are also moving away from traditional POS solutions and installing POS solutions that are cloud-based.
What is the point of sale software? In short, it is referred to as POS. It is used by e-commerce stores and brick and mortar retailers to perform sales. Imagine, when your advanced cash register functions with a computer or mobile computing devices like tablet. The cashier can input the purchased products, find the cost and calculate the financial transaction. It is possible to integrate with other electronics retail software are and systems like e-commerce platforms, accounting apps or connect with databases and networks to enhance your business capability and operational flexibility.
The department store software can be defined according to its main purpose that is to process sales. In reality, the POS software remains highly functional more than mentioned. By integrating fully functional POS systems, it is possible to handle analytics, inventory tracking, sales reporting and monitoring, employee management, customer data management, robust integrations, and mobile connectivity. It is also available in various kind of options like simple processors and complex cloud systems. It helps in catering to the requirements of several businesses irrespective of size (large, medium and small enterprises) and type (online or physical).
It is the latest development in POS software. It is rapidly developing in popularity. It is possible to access the system through the internet. It is also compatible with majority of POS hardware like printers, cash drawers, etc. The best part of cloud based POS systems is it is affordable. It is convenient since merchants can obtain customer information from any part of the world by using the internet connection. If you are a small business owner selling products in a traditional store or e-commerce store and also sell in the flea market or occasional trade show, you would find this software very useful. Classification
The point of sale software is classified into three types. These include:
What are the benefits of POS software?
- Mobile POS: It is mostly used to manage and make payment and also have various features like inventory tracking. Small businesses and sole entrepreneurs would find this helpful since it involves small setup and operation. It is also affordable and remains within their budget.
- Terminal POS: It consists of both hardware and software-based system. It comes with additional devices like cash drawers and barcode scanners. Terminal POS is highly used system by various medium and large size businesses since it has advanced features and availability at reasonable prices.
- Cloud Hosted POS: This system is web-based or online and can be used with the existing hardware like printer, tablet, and computer. It is best for all sizes of businesses and most startups. It is very popular due to its convenience, scalability, and affordability.
- Efficiency: According to studies, a person or employee who inputs cash transactions has chances to make mistakes once in every 300 characters. But the POS system makes use of barcode reader and there are chances of error after scanning every 15000 or above barcode characters. Furthermore, it takes about almost 6 seconds to add the items in a computer using traditional methods. But, when you are using a POS system, it takes just 0.3 seconds to add the items into the system. This way, POS systems fastens the entire transaction system and converts to quick turnover. It also lets you cater large number of customers in quick time. POS systems can help significantly in boosting company revenues and increasing the operational efficiency.
- Accuracy: As each and every transaction is monitored and tracked in an establishment, there are no chances for errors. It is possible to trace out deliberate or intentional transactions made by a specific person.
Wondersoft has been delivering top retail management software or POS software solutions to a wide range of users. They provide complete POS solutions for various types of retail stores. They are experts in developing and launching all kinds of POS to cater to various requirements.
Related Articles -
store management software, super market software, fashion retail software,