The amazing HeroISL, India's own soccer league is going to take off from twelve october 2014, and while the fans anticipates for this football competition, here is what you should know about it.
Awaking Hindustani soccer out of hibernation
The HeroISL was set up in 2013 after seeing that a lot of Indians are crazy about football, but unfortunately, have no national football competition with International prestige to watch. The HeroISL aims to turn this around.
It will have eight franchise teams, owned from people and companies across the country. The league will initiate in October and end in December.
The eight teams that will compete in this league are:
· Atletico de Kolkata, assisted by Antonio Lopez Habas, with Spain as the foreign draft.
· Chennai Titans, trained by Marco Materazzi with Italy as the foreign draft.
· Delhi Dynamos FC, practiced by Harm van Veldhoven with Netherlands as the foreign draft.
· FC Goa, assisted by, Zico with Brazil as the foreign draft.
· Kerala Blasters FC, practiced by David James with England as the foreign draft.
· Mumbai City FC, practiced by Peter Reid with England as the foreign draft.
· North East United FC, trained by Ricki Herbert with New Zealand as the foreign draft.
· FC Pune City, coached by Franco Colomba with Italy as the foreign draft.
While building their clubs, each club will have to attract:
· At least 7 foreigners, out of which 2 will be from the outfit and five will be from the foreign player draft;
· One marquee player, which in the words of AIFF is "A foreign recruit who has represented his country in any of the continental championships like the European Championship, Copa America, African Nations Cup, Asian Cup, or FIFA World Cup will be called a star player;" and
· fourteen Hindustani domestic players, four of which have to be local players from the city the outfit belongs to.
Important Who's who in the ISL
The league is owned by Reliance Industries Ltd, Star India Pvt. Ltd. and IMG Worldwide Inc. It would be aired exclusively on STAR Sports and will have Hero MotoCorp as the cup; thus the name Hero Indian Super League. From Bollywood, we have John Abraham who co-owns the outfit North East United FC, Ranbir Kapoor who co-owns the Mumbai City FC club, Abhishek Bachchan who co-owns Chennaiyin FC outfit, Salman Khan who co-owns the FC Pune City squad, and Varun Dhawan who is the brand ambassador of the FC Goa outfit. From the field of Indian Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar is the co-owner of the Kerala Blasters FC squad and Sourav Ganguly is the co-owner of the Atletico de Kolkata club.
Every year, the league would be played between October and December. Each team will play against all other squads twice on a home-and-away basis. The top four teams will compete in the finals.
Financing the club
Outfit owners' investments in the HeroISL are worth having a look. Different outfits have invested a great amount to acquire foreign players:
Goa: 430.000 USD
Chennai Titans: 380.000 USD
Atletico de Kolkata: 350.000 USD
Mumbai City: 330.000 USD
Kerala Blasters: 315.000 USD
Pune City: 280.000 USD
Delhi Dynamos: 260.000 USD
North East United: 260.000 USD
With this kind of financing and international attention towards the ISL, this is surely a football league you would not want to miss! Possibly a jumpstart to bring soccer in Hindustan to a higher level!
Are you looking for more information about Indian Super League and the clubs like NorthEast United FC?
You can find knowledge touching the latest match reports considering NorthEast United FC here: www.indiansuperleague-news.com!
It was in all honesty very time-consuming because there are a lot sites to choose from. But this is by far the best place for all your NorthEast United FC related news!
Related Articles -
ISL News, Indian Super League, Indian Football, HeroISL,