Germany has a lot of story to tell, when it comes to world war, history, and castles that will blow you back in time. But aside from that, they are also known for having the biggest and most festive parties held all throughout the year, including the most famous of all the Oktoberfest or beer festival. |
But Germany has more to share. If you want to travel in Germany soon, make sure to include these top 10 places to visit into your itinerary.
Germany’s Top 10 Places To Visit
1. The Berlin City – this is actually the capital of Germany, so you can expect a lot from shopping establishments, night clubs, museums, art galleries, cathedrals, and a lot of buildings showing great architecture work that dates back in time. The entire family will definitely love the Berlin city, so make sure you include this in your itinerary.
2. Leipzig – If you love music, this is the city to visit. It is the largest in the country, and a home for famous musicians including Felix Medelssohn, Bach, and Richard Wagner. The city hosts a lot of musical events in their opera house and churches like the St. Thomas church.
3. The Black Forest – just near the Rhine, the Black Forest is the best place to be enjoyed by the entire family. Children can enjoy cable car riding, horseback riding, while the adults can enjoy the beautiful sceneries of the vineyard, thermal springs, or even relax in the spa.
4. The Rugen Island – this is one of German’s most romantic islands. It comes with welcoming villas where you can enjoy the seaside’s view.
5. Heidelberg Castle – this is German’s most magnificent castles. You can still see it standing, despite some parts of it showing its old age already. This is also Europe’s most renowned landmarks.
6. Romantic Rhine – If you are traveling with a loved one, you can never go wrong by visiting the Romantic Rhine. The place is packed with Germany’s most amazing stories, for it is a place of numerous castles, amazing vineyards, and landscapes with sceneries you can never find elsewhere.
7. Bayreuth – this place is also a home of a famous musician – Richard Wagner. In fact, a festival is dedicated to this musician, and that festival is considered as one of Germany’s biggest and most extravagant events that you and your family should not miss.
8. Cologne – this place has the beautiful scenery of the Rhine river. Cologne is in fact always included in every tourist’s itinerary, especially the ones who enjoy the night life, and whole lot of attractions that will make your stay in Germany worthwhile. This is also a place where you can experience the beauty of Germany’s architecture, for it is the home for the most famous churches like the Cologne Cathedral.
9. Munich – this is the place to be, if you want to experience a multitude of events of Germany. The place is packed with cellars (also known as beer gardens in the place), beautiful and stunning churches, museums, and so much more! This is also the place to be, if you want to join and celebrate Oktoberfest in Germany.
10. Lubeck – going to the north part of Germany, lies the big city of Lubeck. This city have a lot to tell, when it comes to what happened during World War II. In fact, remains of the war is still being preserved up to this day, in order to make the people of Germany remember how their ancestors defended the country, and show the world how the German people love their country, making it one of the most outstanding and highly industrialized in the world today.
These are the top 10 places to visit when you are in Germany. The places mentioned are sure to give you more information about the beautiful country, and take home a lot of memories that you will treasure for life.
Related Articles -
travel to Germany, visit Germany, places to visit in Germany,