When people think of weight loss, they often think of it as a punishment for overeating as well as a horribly bleak period of deprivation. But it doesn't have to be that way. In fact, changing your attitude will not only help you to lose weight, it will also help you to maintain your ideal weight. |
It's not something to be viewed negatively but rather as a positive lifestyle change. You'll not only feel better physically at a healthy weight, but emotionally, as well. Here are 5 steps to making your weight loss plan both fun and effective:
1) Take your vitamins! For one thing, taking a multiple vitamin will ensure that you've got many of your nutritional bases covered. The booster of a daily vitamin will keep you more energized and apt to stay the course. If your body is deficient in certain vitamins, especially those in the B group, your body may stubbornly hold on to its reserves, making weight loss more difficult.
2) Add, don't subtract! Instead of viewing this lifestyle change in terms of deprivation, think of all the wonderful things you can add each day. In terms of exercise, it doesn't have to be boring, repetitive drudgery, like climbing on the treadmill and putting in the obligatory time allotment. Boring! Instead, take a daily walk in a variety of areas and at different times of the day. Take a full moon walk with your sweetie or children.
Go for a sunrise stroll. Hike through a new neighborhood and check out the different architecture. Go to the local swimming pool and just dog paddle, if you're not a big swimmer. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Put on music and dance while you clean your house. Moving your body is the point! Find a buddy or do it alone, but be creative and move!
3) Try new foods! Go to the local farmer's market or to a different grocery store and stock up on some fruits and veggies that you've never tried before. Make soups and stir fries using a minimum of oil and meat. They're warm, fiber filled, satisfying and healthy!
4) Try the "eat a rainbow" method. Keep a "rainbow log" of all the different colors of natural food you try and see how many hues you can ingest in one day. Have a weekly "color contest" and see how much or how little you eat of red, yellow, green, blue, purple, and orange. Cherries, bananas, spinach, blueberries, eggplant, cantaloupe... the list is endless!
5) Reward yourself with non-food treats. Often, we associate giving ourselves a treat with fattening food, but it doesn't have to be that way. When you've achieved a weight loss goal, say, every couple of pounds or so, take yourself to the movie, get a pedicure, or take a long bubble bath with a good book. Be nice to yourself! You deserve it.
Weight loss vitamin facilitates safe weight loss by increasing your metabolism and stabilizing blood sugar levels to help you avoid unhealthy snacking. To know more, visit http://www.goodelements.com
Related Articles -
vitamins to aid in weight loss, weight loss vitamin, Good Elements, herbal diet supplements,