You can't wait to have the kitchen of your dreams. The exciting process of installing brand new cabinetry, countertops and appliances is making your mouth water. But did you know that the demolition of the old parts can be just as important? Don't underestimate the importance of doing the job properly. Remember that the tear down takes skill and time, as well. Be prepared to dedicate yourself to this first step. |
- Wear the proper clothing and footwear. A tear down is messy business. Wear clothes that you won't care about trashing and wear solid boots or shoes. Flip flops or canvas tennis shoes are not appropriate and even dangerous when worn around sharp edges and heavy objects. A trip to the emergency ward to pull a nail out of your foot will not be a pleasant part of your remodeling experience.
- Have the correct tools for the job. Whether you have to rent or borrow them, make sure you have what you need. You will probably need at least a sledge hammer and a crow bar for prying.
- Be prepared to have the debris hauled away. A regular household trash can won't do. You'll need to rent a dumpster, hire a haul away service, or have access to a truck in order to take the old pieces to the dump.
If your old cupboards and countertop materials are in workable condition, take them to your local building recycling store, such as Habitat for Humanity. You can write off the donation on your taxes and help someone else remodel their kitchen with your used items.
- Protect your head and lungs. Wearing a disposable mask over your nose and mouth will protect your lungs from the inhalation of demolition particles blowing through the air. A hard hat is not a bad idea, either, when pulling overhead cabinets from the ceiling and upper walls.
- Turn off utilities such as water and electric. You don't want to accidentally get zapped or have water bursting from a broken pipe.
- Cover all of the surrounding rooms and areas with tarps. Close doors to adjoining rooms, if possible. You want to keep the mess contained to one area. The demolition process is hard work but it can also be a fun process, as well. Put on some music and work with a friend or spouse. Roll up your sleeves together and get ready to have a memorable experience. Say good bye to the old and be ready to say hello to the new.
With kitchen remodeling, Sarasota based house wives can change the entire look of their homes. To know more, visit http://www.eurotechcabinetry.com
Related Articles -
kitchen remodeling bradenton, kitchen remodeling sarasota, sarasota kitchen remodeling,