Tis the season to think about the approaching heat and possible AC repair needs.. In order to cut down on the cost of air conditioner repair, performing preventative maintenance now can save big bucks in the long run. Don't wait till the hot days have arrived to find out that your system isn't working well. |
Here are 10 ways to prevent costly repairs on your air conditioning system:
1) Check the belts in your AC equipment to note any wear and tear, and replace them, if required.
2) Fan blades should be cleaned and inspected to rule out damage. Lubricate the fan's bearings as well as the motor and replace any parts that have been broken or damaged.
3) Change the filters of your AC. It is wise to change the filters once a month throughout the year. This is a simple and easy method to extend the life of your machine. Mark your calendar in order to remind you to do this chore. Pick a day that is memorable, such as the first of each month or every full moon. It's wise to stock up on the proper size filters so that they're readily available when the date arises.
4) The condenser coil should be cleaned and kept free of dirt and grime. Check to see if there are any exchanger fins which are bent on the coil and straighten them out if necessary.
5) The condensate pan should also be checked and cleaned out monthly. If there is an excessive buildup of grime, clean it more often. There are tablets available at the local hardware stores which are designed to reduce the buildup of grunge.
6) It may be necessary to add refrigerant to your machine. Check on the levels and make sure that there are no leaks.
7) Try out the thermostat to make certain that it is working properly. Set various temperatures and note how long the system takes to get the job done.
8) Turn the system on and note any unusual sounds. Squeaks and groans within an AC system are a sign that it is in need of a tune up or repair.
9) Make certain that all pilot lights and ignition controls are in proper operating order.
10) Check for loose wiring and faulty ductwork.
Congratulations! Your air conditioner is ready to tackle the high temps of spring and summer. Proper maintenance will reduce AC repair costs and extend the life of your unit.
In san antonio ac repair is taken care of by professionals who offer you the highest quality of services. It is a one-stop shop that provides you with the satisfaction you have been looking for. To know more, visit http://www.classicairtx.com/
Related Articles -
San Antonio AC Repair, AC Repair San Antonio,