There are many choices when it comes to limo service and the quality can range from spectacular to so-so to poor. When people decide to hire a limousine, it is usually due to a momentous occasion or very special circumstance. Weddings, marriage proposals, birthday parties, anniversaries, proms—all of these are occasions when you want everything to be perfect. Having a shoddy limousine experience can taint the whole date. How do you find a service that is going to live up to your expectations? Here are some tips for finding an exceptional one: |
- Word-of-mouth recommendations: One of the best ways to find out about great drivers and companies is by referrals. Ask around to see who your friends, neighbors, co-workers have used and find out the details of their experiences. What were the vehicles like? Was the driver courteous, prompt and skilled at maneuvering through traffic? Word-of-mouth recommendations are always preferable to advertisements found on a billboard. If this is for a wedding, wedding planners will probably know who the best options in your locale are.
- Websites: Go to the limo service websites to see how professionally laid out and updated they are. See if the fees and services meet your needs. If so, make a few phone calls to further screen the possibilities.
- Better Business Bureau: Check with the Better Business Bureau in your region to see if the companies that you’re considering are members in good standing. Also research to see whether complaints have been lodged against them.
- Drivers’ Qualifications: When you have gathered names of possibilities, ask about the chauffeurs’ qualifications and driving records. Most chauffeurs will need to pass both a regular exam with the Department of Motor Vehicles as well as have their CDL, which is a commercial drivers’ license. If the vehicle is large enough to carry fifteen passengers, an additional classification of “P” will be mandated in their licensure. Up to eighty hours of classroom instruction along with on-the-job training will also be required before sitting behind the limousine wheel. Background checks on the limo driver’s vehicular operating records as well as his or her criminal history should be checked into, as well.
- Vehicles: It’s a wise idea to take a look at the limousines of the limo service, inside and out, that will be driven on the special occasion. The business may have just one auto or a selection to choose from. The standard black or white stretch auto is often a Lincoln Town Car or a Cadillac. Other more unique options are hybrids such as stretch Hummers, Volkswagens, or jeeps. Look inside to find out what amenities they have and if they’re in good repair. How many people will it seat? Is it cleaned and well maintained? Externals are often reflective of the internal engine workings. Ask about the repair record and age of the limos. You don’t want any automotive breakdowns on your special night.
Getting referrals, checking out the vehicles along with drivers’ qualifications should give a good idea of a company’s excellence. Finding a New Orleans limo service is a piece of wedding cake. Just go to the following site for more information: http://www.nolalimo.com/
Related Articles -
New, Orleans, limo, service,