Ice hockey – a game with much thrill and excitement requires proficient skating skills. Skating skills can make or break an ice player, so it carries much importance. Below are the 4 fundamentals to help you become a food performing ice hockey skater wearing, and extra 4 techniques to help you stand at the top. |
1. For any sport, basics are the most important. No matter which degree of speed you want to achieve, a solid, well-balanced stance essential. If you will work on your starts, stops, and turns as described, you will be well on your way to good balance.
2. Bear in mind if you skate with your feet about shoulder width apart and in stride, you will have better balance. If your feet are too close together, you are more easily knocked off-balance in the heavy going of a game.
3. For straight-ahead speed, your power comes from the thrust you get when the knee of the digging foot straightens. Try on a href="http://www.nfl jerseychina.com/" title="nhl jerseys china">nhl jerseys chinato get maximum thrust, the knee of the leg coming forward should be well bent. Be sure you carry this knee forward ahead of the foot. Then when you place your foot on the ice, you get full muscle power when the knee straightens.
4. The faster you skate, the more you should bend forward from the waist. The comparison here is to the body-lean of a sprinter doing the 100-yard dash and the striding form of a two-miler. During the course of a hockey game, you will be both a sprinter and a strider as the play dictates. But when you really want to dig fast, with or without the puck, you should lean well into it.
If you want to become a top athlete, you should recognize the importance of leg power and do something about it. These below are some drills called over-load to train leg power. 1. Skate in short, hard bursts, gradually building up the number of lengths of ice you can do successively. You can choose wholesale NHL jerseys before you go to battle field.
2. Drive yourself all out as long as you are on the ice during scrimmage. Do not just coast around the rink on skates; they will do most of the work for you if you let them.
3. In testing yourself at top speed, keep up a continual refrain in your mind: "I can go faster yet!" Be sure to warm up well before any all-out test.
4. Get a buddy to let you push him up and down the ice. You are over-loading by the amount he weighs.
As long as you study these basic skills and practice hard, your skating skills will have great improvement which in turn can improve your overall ice hockey performance.
Related Articles -
nhl, jerseys, china,