0800 numbers help you to not miss any calls from your customers. |
This can be done by the way you route the number but also by additional features you can add, which for the most part cannot be done on a standard landline.
You want to be available to your customers as much as possible, there to answer any questions or queries that they have, an 0800 number can help you do this.
You could route your 0800 number straight to your mobile, you could have multiple diverts on the line, you could have a voicemail with missed call alerts, and the number can be transferred to a new number at any time.
Let’s look at each of the above advantages in turn.
You can route the calls straight to your mobile:
- If you are out of the office a lot, or travelling from place to place having the calls going straight through to your mobile allows the customer to be able to get hold of you wherever you are
- Being there for your customers will give them a sense of security and will also help to build up relations
- Customer service is paramount in any industry and having an available port of call at all times will impress your customer and also help them to recommend you to their friends and family
- It also means that out of hours if your customer has an emergency that calls will still be answered and dealt with quickly and effectively
You can have multiple diverts on the line:
- You can set your 0800 numbers up so that they can route to multiple numbers
- You could route to your office number and then to your mobile and then to a colleague if you are unavailable for example
- It will also transfer the calls if the line is busy ensuring the customer waits no longer than necessary to reach you
- This will also keep down charges for you as you could answer it at a landline while in the office and only use the mobile for when you have left
- This can also be set up for different times of the day and days of the week allowing you to have complete control over your number and the calls being made to it.
0800 numbers are therefore an effective way of making sure you don't miss calls.
This article was written by David Clarke - a director of DBS. David is an 0800 numbers specialist. Visit his website at http://www.dbs-uk.co.uk/ for more information regarding telecoms products such as 0845 numbers & added value features.
Related Articles -
0800 number, freephone number, telecoms, marketing, phone number,