If there's one country whose name is synonymous with software outsourcing, it has got to be India. The statistics speak for themselves.
- With a 65% share, India has the largest percentage of the global Offshore Outsouring market, and has consistently been ranked the number one outsourcing destination for several years running
- Indian-Americans run more than 750 companies in America's Silicon Valley
- 80% of US and European outsourcing firms ranked India as their number one outsourcing destination
The results of a study conducted earlier in 2011 by GILD, a professional social network for working professionals in the technology industry was an eye-opener. The study analyzed the findings of over 1 million tests taken by nearly 500,000 US and Indian developers. The two groups were compared in key programming and communication skills. The results showed that Indians outscored their American counterparts in the twin fields of mathematics and logic - two of the core skills desired by US technology companies such as Oracle, Salesforce, and eBay (as reported in The Economic Times, July 2011).
Here are some more reasons why India is the best destination in the world for software outsourcing.
- India is not just the largest democracy in the world. It also has a stable government and a trustworthy judiciary, all of which are crucial factors in inspiring trust and confidence in countries who wish to outsource to various Indian cities.
- Thanks to high education standards in India, the country manages to churn out no less than an average 3.1 million graduates each year. This makes for one of the largest technical talent pools anywhere in the world, making it easy for companies in the UK or the US to access professionals in just about any field.
- Information Technology features very high on the Government of India's priority list, making the country a haven for outsourcing – an industry that is totally technology-driven and technology-dependent.
- Every educated Indian has moderate to very high fluency in the English language, another extremely attractive factor in India's favour. English-speaking professionals are hard to come by in most of the other outsourcing destinations in the world.
- Software Technology Parks have been developed by the Government of India, helping India earn the title of 'information technology superpower'.
- Indian professionals are renowned the world over for their hard work and work ethics. They have made a mark for themselves in meeting the stringent of deadlines and boast some of the fastest turnaround times in the industry.
- All the Indian companies that are involved in IT Outsourcing to India are known for providing high quality work, meeting international standards and complying with the ISO and SEI-CMM standards. The fact that three out of every four SEI-CMM 5 companies worldwide is located in India is testimony to India's IT prowess.
All these factors have contributed to making India one of the most sought-after software outsourcing destinations in the world.
Related Articles -
Offshore Outsourcing Company India, outsourcing companies india, offshore outsourcing india, indian outsourcing companies, Outsourcing Company India, ,