Which is the first name that comes to mind when the word 'outsourcing' is mentioned? That's right. It is India. The world's favourite destination for outsourcing. In fact, India has become synonymous with the outsourcing industry because it has proved its superiority when it comes to providing cost-effective solutions for all kind of outsourcing needs around the globe. Indian professionals, especially those hailing from the fields of IT and software, are in huge demand globally. In addition, thanks to the high educational standards in India, just about any kind of office work can be outsourced to India.
Here are the top 5 reasons why global companies are choosing Indian outsourcing vendor over those from other countries.
- Cost-effective services. Outsourcing to India is an extremely lucrative proposition because Indian outsourcing companies provide highly cost-effective services. Reduced operating costs, significantly lowered overheads and, consequently, more resources to channelize into other areas that will lead to more profitability for the company.
- English language skills. After the US, India has the second largest English-speaking population in the world. Each year, India's colleges and universities produce around 3.1 million graduates, all of whom are proficient, if not fluent, in English. So, western countries wishing to enter into partnerships with Indian outsourcing firms do so with confidence, knowing that language would never be a barrier in communication.
- Increased efficiency, productivity and quality. Thanks to India's rapidly developing IT sector, Indian outsourcing companies are able to make use of the latest software, technology and infrastructure that is on par with international standards and requirements. As a result, a western company that has outsourced its non-core business functions to an Indian outsourcing provider gets to increase its efficiency, productivity and quality. What's more, Indian professionals are known for having some of the fastest turnaround times in the business.
- The time zone difference is a big advantage with India. Clients in the UK or the US who outsource to India, can look forward to their customers receiving 24x7 support thanks to the time zone difference between Indian and the UK or the US. This explains the enormous success of the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry and the mushrooming call centres all over the country.
- Indian government's pro-outsourcing policies. India is the world's largest democracy and presents a safe, secure and stable haven to the western companies who look to outsourcing to lower their operating costs. The Indian government is strong and stable, there is no political or ethnic violence and the Indian economy is one of the fastest growing economies in the world today. But perhaps the biggest contributing factor is that the Indian government is highly supportive of its burgeoning IT industry which is the backbone of the entire offshore outsourcing business.
The number of companies that have been outsourcing to India have only grown over the years. And not just from the two main sources – the UK and the US, but also from countries like Australia, Canada and Europe. Small wonder then that a whopping 80 percent of the companies in the US ranked India as their preferred outsourcing destination.
Daya Mukherjee is a Senior Content Writer and Editor working for a Remote Staffing Outsourcing company in India. You can find out more information by visiting our Outsourcing Services, Outsourcing Firms Web site and Our Related Articles -
Offshore Outsourcing Company India, outsourcing companies india, offshore outsourcing india, indian outsourcing companies, Outsourcing Company India, ,