Over the years resveratrol has gained immense popularity among the users circles due to its anti oxidant and anti ageing qualities. Even many doctors and dieticians have started believing that resveratrol is good for anti-ageing purposes. But the million dollar question for all concerned is does resveratrol really work? Before answering the question it would be necessary knowing what resveratrol is.
Main features of resveratrol are as follows.
- It is popular because it is considered to be an element that has anti-ageing capabilities.
- In addition; it can detoxify the anatomy due to having substantial anti oxidant components inherent in it.
- Basically it is a compound that is plant based and the sources are raspberries, peanuts cranberries, grapes, and pine trees.
- Primary dietary sources for resveratrol in the diet of average user would be peanut and peanut butter, grapes as well as wine.
- Huge quantity of resveratrol is present in red wine.
- Resveratrol is created using the grape skin responding to the bacterial infection in the plant and it acts as one of the normal antibiotics.
Scientists in searching out the resveratrol antioxidants have come to the conclusion that it has the chemical structure of polyphenol that constitutes substantial amount of plant compounds. Subsequently the scientists have further classified the product as proanthocyanidins and flayonoids. All these are potential antioxidants. In addition, resveratrol can also be classed as phytoestrogen that minimizes the effects of estrogen in human anatomy and also blocks some of the others.
One of the reasons that inspired scientists and physicians to answer the question "does resveratrol work "in a positive manner is the discovery of the secret ingredient in the plant compound. This secret ingredient is polygonum that has been used in Asian countries as one of the heart remedies for centuries and the component is found in abundance in resveratrol. In result; it is widely believed that resveratrol helps improve health and survival of living beings.
How it Works
Although till date there is not much clinical experiments and results indicating the working of resveratrol on human lives, its effect on mice and other laboratory animals have proven positive. Some of the results that have come to the forefront and that conclusively answer the question "does resveratrol work" can be summed up as follows.
- Numerous animal experiments have established the anti-ageing benefits of resveratrol;
- In addition the benefits of resveratrol antioxidants have also come to light during such experiments;
- Other benefits of the product are anti-inflammation, prevention of cancer; antiplatelet, lowering cholesterol levels; and
- It also improves the estrogenic activities in the body.
Last but not the least is the result derived by Harvard researchers through prolonged experiments that resveratrol not only have a wide range of health benefits but due to calorie restriction qualities can extend the life span of a number of species conveniently.
Find out how resveratrol help fight aging and reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffy eyes. There's so much great stuff to know about resveratrol.
Related Articles -
resveratrol supplements, resveratrol benefits, reservatrol, bye reservatrol, best resveratrol,