Spending a holiday in Rhodes would surely be one of the wisest decisions you would ever make. It is a wonderful place wherein you can just hurl all your worries and troubles for a while and just indulge yourself with the finest beach resorts, restaurants, bars, shopping centers and perhaps pamper your propensity for adventure by visiting its lush, green forests and its famous medieval cities. Certainly, Rhodes has got everything you need to spoil your senses for the holiday. This beautiful island is one of the most admired in Greece. Every year, it is always bound to attract thousands of tourists all over the world. Rhodes (interesting to know is that the Danish term is Rhodos) is also renowned for its historical Colossus, which was formerly included among the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World. Most of the sceneries here are pristine in nature, yet they never fail to thrill every spectator’s eye. Most Popular Destinations in Rhodes |
• Old Town Rhodes Old Town can offer you not only the comfort and luxury you need for an ideal vacation, but a seemingly different time zone, where the splendors of medieval ages are still dominant in the land. You can marvel at the greatness of its architecture, cobblestone streets and the piquant hospitality of its people. The famous Palace of the Grandmasters which was built during the 14th century by the knights of Rhodes is still functioning at present time, as the museum for the important archeological artifacts that were discovered in Rhodes.
• Rodini Park Next stop is Rodini Park, one of the first landscaped parks in the world. It is located three kilometers away from the city center of Rhodes. This tourist spot is known for its cool and serene ambiance. The old aqueduct which was built by the Romans here is still running at present.
• The Town of Lindos Down the coast of Rhodes, you will find this very hot tourist destination. The town of Lindos which is located 50 km southeast of Rhodes, has a population of more than a thousand residents. It is definitely one of the most exciting archaeological sites in Greece which didn’t fail to allure visitors across the globe. It is also being acknowledged for its Acropolis of Lindos and the birthplace of Charis, who is known today as the architect of the Colossus of Rhodes. And just like the Old Town of, it has been declared as a place for preservation. Thus, it has managed to sustain its ancient features, tradition and style.
• Tsambika beach If you enjoy pristine beaches, visiting Tsambika beach resort is by far the best choice. It’s one of the finest in Rhodes. Along its coastline, you can look up for some bars where you can indulge yourself with different wines and liquors. Unlike other beaches in the town, Tsambika beach is a not crowded. This shall give you the opportunity to digest the beauty of the world for a moment.
• Valley of the Butterflies Located 27 kilometers away from Rhodes town, this spot is one of the most appealing travel (in Danish - rejser)destinations in Rhodes. The Valley of Butterflies is a natural park where thousands of colorful butterflies flock together, enchanting every visitor. They appear every year from June to September.
Related Articles -
Rhodes, visit Rhodes, holiday in Rhodes, explore Rhodes,