A business analyst is a professional who has a deeper understanding of business processes, and utilizes such knowledge to help organizations succeed and move forward. |
As part of the management, he or she helps organize the company to keep it profitable. He or she plays an important role in the corporate world, analyzing checks and balances to determine the current status of a business organization.
Understanding the job Some of the activities of a business analyst include: identifying problems, formulating solutions, collecting data, preparing reports, conducting market analysis and risk management, implementing software and strategy development, managing projects, setting up anti-fraud system, and conducting cost control, among others.
Though it may vary from organization to organization, according to Modernanalyst.com, the business analyst might perform the following tasks: understand what the business does and how it does it, determine how to improve existing business processes, determine which tasks/steps to automate (get the requirements), design the features of IT system (create functional specifications), and implement the new features of the IT system (technical design). To obtain this job, a business analyst resume is necessary.
Qualities for the job To be able to work effectively, Biznessmind.com believes business analysts need to possess the following qualities:
- They should be able to understand each business as a separate entity
- They should be able to understand the market that they are targeting
- They should be methodical in their thinking
- Business analysts should have great analytical skills that enable them to not only predict future market trends but to understand problems presented to them
- They should have the ability to think fast on their feet
- They should have great problem solving skills
- They should be good communicators in order to avoid confrontation with management and shareholders on the basis of poor communication
- They must work great with teams
- They should have leadership qualities that enable them to drive these teams toward getting results
- They should have the ability to take rejection of their proposals. Even after spending the whole night on a particular proposal, management can throw you out with it saying that it is nothing but rubbish… Okay that would be a little harsh but you should be able to take that in stride.
- Business analysts should be able to say what is on their minds and push for it.
- They should be able to find creative solutions to problems
- They should be innovative
- They should have data collection skills
- They should always be willing to learn new things
- They should be able to constantly do some re-evaluation of their methods constantly refining them
Need for resume Capturing the interest of employers and hiring managers and convince them to set a job interview is what a business analyst resume is made for. It must consistently contain compelling descriptions about the applicant and a promise to deliver the best if hired.
A business analyst resume is most needed especially at a time when you are targeting a position in the corporate world where competition is becoming tighter than ever. There is no experience too small for someone who has the right skill and who can act professionally.
Nelson Mullins is a former corporate hiring and recruitment expert who regularly writes articles on resumes, resume writing, personality development, and career in general. He is a father of three who also enjoys photography and biking. Nelson believes that while the employment world continues to be a rat race for applicants, it is important to always be equipped with new ideas on sustaining career growth and opportunities.
Related Articles -
resume writing, business analyst resume, resume, resume letter, resume writer, application, writing,