Americans spend more than eleven billion dollars every year heating and cooling their homes. This leads to the release of two tons of carbon dioxide every year, which, some scientists and environmentalists believe has contributed to climate change and global warming and a reduction in the earth’s protective ozone layer. As a result, air conditioning manufacturers are designing newer, greener models, which depend less on Hydro chlorofluorocarbonsand utilize more environmentally friendly refrigerants. While heating and cooling costs throughout the Southeast, including heating and cooling Phenix City, AL homes, tend to increase during the hot summer and decrease throughout the mild winter, there are a number of environmentally friendly strategies you can employ to keep your home- and your wallet- a little greener. |
• Dirty air filters make your air conditioning unit work harder and less efficiently. This costs you money in the end, so replace them regularly. In fact, aster you pay your utility bill, replace your filter.
• At the beginning of the summer, before it gets too warm, have your air conditioning unit inspected by a professional. Regularmaintenance will identify small, easily repaired problems before they become big, expensive problems. Your “tune up” should include inspection of the coil, filter, condensation tray, refrigerant pressure and levels, motor, outdoor condenser and electrical connections.
• Look at your internal thermostat. Either set your thermostat a few degreeshigher than normal, or install a programmable thermostat. A programmablethermostat allows you to program the unit to kick on thirty minutes before you arrive home so your house is cool and comfortable. There’s no sense for your unit to run continuously while you are out and about.
• If you are installing a new heating and air conditioning unit, position it in indirect sunlight, if possible. This keeps your external temperature lower.
• Conduct an energy audit in your home and perform basic energy upgrades. Sealing leaky ducts and windows and “bulking” up your insulation are easy and inexpensive ways to make your home more energy efficient.
• Consider adding sealing fans, which circulate the air in your home and adding blinds to your windows, which limit direct sunlight.
• If your unit is more than ten years old, consider replacing it with a more efficient model. Newer airconditioning units offer a number of cost saving and environmentally friendly options. A reputable heating and air conditioning company throughout Phenix City, AL can advise you on the best options for your home. If you do purchase anew unit, make sure it is sizedappropriately. Many consumers purchase a unit that is too big or too powerful for their home, which wastes energy and money.
HVAC companies in Phenix City AL should offer you both the option to repair or replace your heating and cooling systems and help you understand the costs and benefits of each. AS MORE Americans begin to explore a greener lifestyle, heating and airconditioning technology is creating and installing more environmentally friendly options. The enevirojnmenya;- and economical benefits of keeping your HVAC system running efficiently are too many to ignore, so look to heating and air experts in Phenix City, Alabamaa to you find the right solution for your home.
If you are looking for information on heating and air phenix city al, click on the link. Or you can visit the website at http://dnahvac.com/heating-and-air-phenix-city!
Related Articles -
heating, and, air, phenix, city, al,