When women consider getting breast enhancement surgery they usually only consider the physical aspects. Most will visit and aesthetic doctor to discuss the cost, surgery and different options for breast size. Even though most often a selective procedure it is still major surgery and the mental effects need to be discussed. A competent aesthetic clinic and doctor will make sure patients consider how this surgery will make them feel emotionally. |
Women who alter their appearance with some form of plastic surgery are often surprised by their emotions. These emotions can effect not only the person having surgery, but also family and friends. It is important to be fully prepared physically and mentally before having breast enhancement surgery. Here are some things that should be addressed before and after the surgery.
• Reason For Getting Surgery - Make sure the choice is not from outside pressure. A loved one should not push you into larger breasts because of what they want. The majority of women will say they want larger breasts to boost their confidence in their body. There is nothing wrong with wanting to feel better about image. Bad reasons for surgery include divorce, a break-up or traumatic event like losing a love one.
• Considered a Good Surgery Candidate - An aesthetic doctor will determine this through a serious of questions and physical tests. There are some who might need to see a therapist before considering surgery. Others may have health issues that preclude them from surgery.
• Cosmetic surgery is not cheap. Some rush in without really thinking how the cost could stress them mentally and financially. Considered an elective surgery in most cases insurance does not cover any costs. Such a large outlay of money has to be weighed. If it truly cannot be afforded then wait. The strain it could put on the quality of daily life could be serious.
• Able To Handle The Recovery Period - Anyone considering this surgery must be aware of the significant recovery time. No one wakes up the next day feeling great or looking perfect. There will be bruising, redness, soreness and possible swelling that can last for weeks. Being ready mentally for the aftereffects is essential to handling getting well.
• Can Afford The After Surgery Costs - Breast implants do not last a lifetime. There will be financial cost after the initial surgery. Insurance does not cover any necessary follow up surgeries. If something needs to be replaced or corrected it will be an added cost that needs to be kept in mind.
• Ready For The Reaction of Others - Many are surprised and upset by the negative reaction they get after enhancement surgery. They think everyone should be as happy as they are with the outcome. There might be jealously, rudeness and inappropriate remarks from family and strangers. All of these things mentioned should be thought about carefully before making the decision to get breast augmentation.
Related Articles -
breast enhancement, aesthetic, aesthetic doctor, medical aesthetics,