Did you know most women are usually better shoppers than men? It could be women are born with a "shopping gene" but most likely it's because they always seem to be more fashion-conscious. Whether shopping for themselves or for apparel for men, bargains and style are at the top of the list. |
Honest men have no problem admitting they're challenged when it comes to putting together colors and styles. Some are indeed better at it than others but by far the women have got them beat.
10 Indispensable Tips for Buying Apparel for Men:
1. Check catalogs. This is a super way to see what completed fashion outfits look like, what works together and what doesn't. If you're really desperate, you can take the catalog page to a store and ask the clerk to match it.
2. Always shop wisely. This works best if you find a piece of clothing you really like, say a shirt - buy two or three in different colors. Solid-colored clothes are generally better choices than prints.
3. Always buy well-fitting clothes. Don't buy clothing either too small or too big. You'll look best in clothing that fit correctly.
4. Hem those pants. Properly hemmed pants or slacks will look a thousand times better than if you allow them to hang over your shoes. Plus, a hem will also keep the edges from fraying.
5. Opt for colors you really like. Don't worry if a color is a good match for your skin tone or hair color. Simply buy clothing in colors you really like. Then, you will enjoy wearing them. And, if you struggle with color-blindness, stick to basic colored pants like jeans or khaki and always buy colored shirts.
6. Don't wear all black. Except, of course, when wearing a tuxedo or suit, but wearing a black shirt and black pants can make you look like you're on your way to a funeral.
7. Think about belts and shoes. A great rule of thumb in apparel for men is to match the color of your belt with your shoes. Men usually don't accessorize so when you do, make sure they look good.
8. Don't wear short shorts unless appropriate. Never wear short shorts to work (unless you work on a boat). Shorts look best when they come close to the knee. This length can even be worn to special functions with a nice polo shirt.
9. Check your underwear. Unless you're an underwear model, no one really gives a hoot what name brand or style you are wearing. Just buy what's most comfortable and you'll never regret your choice of comfort over leaving a good impression.
10. Sock it to them. Always wear black socks with dress shoes and white socks with sneakers.
Shopping for apparel for men isn't really difficult. It just takes a little bit of time and effort to educate yourself with the basic tips in order to avoid a critical faux pas.
Get your man Alabama merchandise that will make him stand out in the crowd. "http://www.universitysupplystore.com/shop_main.asp?catalog_group_id=MQ&catalog_group_name=R2VuZXJhbCBNZXJjaGFuZGlzZQ.
Related Articles -