There are many benefits that patients realize when they schedule a dental appointment in Calgary. There are many scary stereotypes regarding dental visits that are recycled amongst potential dental patients, but most of these stories don't apply to the average dental patient. The fact is that dental office visits are easy-going and pleasant. Patients experience scary and extensive dental treatments when they allow their dental health to deteriorate over a long period of time. This is why it's important to visit one's dentist on a regularly scheduled basis, before small dental issues become pervasive dental infections. |
Here is a listing of some of the most basic dental treatments and services, as well as what a dental patient can expect during their treatment visits:
- Basic Check-Ups And Examinations: Calgary dental patients are urged to schedule basic care examinations at least twice a year. These are the least invasive types of dental care visits. A dentist will simply take x-rays of the inside of the patient's mouth. These x-rays will let the dentist know that the patient's mouth is still healthy. If there are any signs of infection present, the dentist can address these issues early, before the infection becomes more invasive.
- The patient will also have their teeth professionally cleaned. Many patients are shocked to learn that despite all of their careful cleaning and flossing, the dentist will still find layers of build-up and hidden plaque. Therefore, the dentist will use special tools that are designed to scrape layers of hardened plaque off the teeth. The teeth will also be professionally polished. The gums will be massaged and a water pick will rinse away debris. Many patients find that their teeth appear to look a couple of shades whiter after plaque and stains are professionally removed.
- Restorative Services: If during the course of one's Calgary dental visit the dentist finds any superficial infections in the teeth, the dentist will perform restorative treatments in the patient's mouth. Examples of restorative treatments include fillings. As a matter of fact, fillings are some of the most common forms of restorative treatments. Dental patients have different filling options for their teeth.
If one's dental infection has become more invasive, they'll need treatment such as a root canal. Root canals involve the dentist drilling past the minerals of the teeth, into the pulp of the teeth. The infected tooth root is removed and is then replaced with a temporary filling material. In time, the treated tooth will be capped with a prosthetic tooth, in order to provide reinforcement for the tooth that is still in place.
- Orthodontic Services: A Calgary dental office can also provide orthodontic treatment for patients. One of the most common examples of orthodontic treatment is braces. It's very common for parents to have their pre-teen or their teenagers fitted for braces, in order to straighten their newly erupted adult, or permanent teeth.
Many adults desire to straighten their teeth, yet balk at wearing braces. New orthodontic appliances allows adults to wear invisible, fitted plates over their teeth. Many adults have been able to regain healthy alignment of their teeth, without sacrificing their appearance. This is especially important for adults who work in high-profile professions.
- Cosmetic Calgary Dental Services: Many people are under the impression that cosmetic dentistry out out of their reach. The fact is, any dentist trains in specific therapies such as orthodontics, prosthodontics or general dentistry can administer cosmetic dental treatments. One of the most common cosmetic dental treatments is tooth bleaching or whitening.
Many cosmetic dental patients also want to restore the structure of their teeth, or have a new tooth structure created. This can be achieved with the help of dental veneers. Veneers are thin plates that are made out of porcelain and are fitted over one's natural teeth.
Related Articles -