Pulling off the harem pants-look is a very difficult task. Even a seasoned stylist can miss the mark in this trend. But if you really look into it, the principle in wearing harem pants is quite easy. First, it must emphasize the wearer's small waist so it must fall on the waistline and not in the hip. Second, wear it with high heels all the time - no excuses. And lastly, it should be the center piece of your outfit, thus always pair it with a simple top. |
And speaking of, here is a list of tops that you can use to pair with harem pants.
1. Camisole - It is a basic must-have for any woman so you should at least have one in your closet. Camisole can come in different types of fabric so make sure that the fabric will hug your body in all the right places.
2. Cotton t-shirt - A V-neck or a round neck t-shirt is fine, just make sure that the t-shirt will fit you well.
3. Tube-top or strapless top - This top can also be a corset or a bra-let. It sexy but it is also simple, which is the whole point, to wear a simple top.
4. Tank top - Like a camisole, it is another basic staple that you should have in your closet and it can also be paired well with a harem pants.
5. Button-up shirts - Admittedly, not all button-shirts can fit your body in the same way a camisole or a tank top with would fit your body. But if you pair harem pants with a snugly fitted button-up shirt, you can look good in it.
To add more class in your outfit, use a high-heeled shoes or sandals with it. Choose the one a simple design and try not to pair harem pants with chunky-heeled shoes. Wearing a flat gladiator sandal can also work if you are looking for the comfortable look. But never pair your harem pants with a sneaker. It's just a big no no.
To give your torso further shape, add a belt. Also, make sure that your top is tucked in at all times so that the belt is shown. You can also add a chunky piece of necklace to cover the simple neckline of your top. But to balance it out, do not wear a big piece of earrings. You can go overboard with the bracelets but keep everything else to the minimum.
When you decide to wear harem pants, please do not forget the principles I have stated above. The tips stated above can really help you look like a million bucks instead of looking like a gypsie from a different era. So keep them in your head, or better yet, memorize them with your heart.
Related Articles -