Not everyone is a fan of harem pants but we can't argue that some people, example: Gwen Stefani, can really look good in those baggy pants. However this doesn't stop some people from really hating the harem pants look. So if you are undecided, let me enumerate to you the reasons to love it or hate it. |
Reasons to love it:
1. Adventurous fashionistas really love this type of pants because for them, it is a reason to try something new other than the normally boring jeans. For the risk-takers, they see the baggy pants as a new experiment that they can try. However, not everyone who experimented with this look has succeeded.
2. It can be flattering to some people. The "some people" here refers to those who have slim lower half of the body. Yes, the baggy pants can really accentuate their slim waist without showing their slim legs. Thus it gives the illusion of having a curvy body and not just a stick-thin body frame. Those with curvier lower half can also pull the look but you must choose the type of harem pants to wear. Do not wear the designs that use soft fabric. Stick to those that uses denim cloth.
3. Not everyone can pull this look spot-on, so if you can, the satisfaction is great. If you stick to the basic rules of wearing them, you definitely have a chance in looking good in them.
Reasons to hate it:
1. A lot of those who wear it usually end up looking like a homeless person. The baggy pants-look is a really tough look and most of the time; it is paired with the wrong type of shoes or being worn the wrong way. Long story short, it makes you look like you borrowed the clothes of your older brother whose size is way bigger than yours.
2. You can't experiment with it without looking strange. Yes, some might be brave enough to experiment with it but be reminded that only a few emerged from it with their dignity intact. Some people who wore it looked so ridiculous they would not want to see another pair of it again.
3. Because they are baggy or loose fitting in the crotch area, wearing it can take you back to the 90s, the hip-hop era. And let's all admit it; it is fashion era that most of us wouldn't really want to reminisce. In fact, some of us would just rather forget it and pretend that it never really occurred. Whether or not you want to try these type of pants, it is highly suggested that you should be familiar with how to wear it first.
Related Articles -