Being that air conditioning systems are fairly expensive and that they are more or less an investment, people will naturally want to take good care of it to sustain its preferred performance. If not cared for properly, air conditioning units tend to eat up a bigger amount of electricity which will hurt your pocket once the bill comes in. There are a lot of ways in maintaining your AC's performance and condition, as follows. |
1. FILTER CHANGING – Changing the filter of your air conditioning unit is highly imperative. It is one to kill your air conditioning unit's efficiency if it is filled with dirt. It is advised that you change your AC's filters every month or three months depending on your area's temperature. Places that are windy require more filter changes. Fortunately, there are filters that are washable and only requires washing every month or so to ensure the unit's unchanging efficiency.
2. SETTING IN NORMAL TEMPERATURE – Blasting your AC unit to a very low temperature will overwhelm your unit and make it work harder and longer—equivalent to a higher electricity bill. It is recommended that you set your air conditioning unit at a normal temperature first, and then move to a relatively lower temperature henceforth. This will require the unit less energy to do the work and on your end lessened electricity bill.
3. FIXING THE LEAKS – Most especially when you own a central air conditioning system, if your system has leaks on them, your conditioned air will benefit space that you do not designate, such as: the attic, or any other rooms than yours. Flexible ducts and metal ducts are entirely different from each other. The former is installed faster, but is less durable, where the latter is the entire opposite. The former, when leaked requires to be replaced, where the latter, when leaked requires only a patch of duct tape. Fix your leaks in order to spread the conditioned air evenly throughout your home.
4. SECURING YOUR COMPRESSOR – Your compressor will most likely to be placed outside your home. Securing it means providing at least two feet of clear space as it tends to get shrubbed and grassed, given that it is placed in your garden. Should dirt build up in your compressor unit, clean it; although regular cleaning is highly recommended.
5. SEEK PROFESSIONAL MAINTENANCE – Most owners are understandably at ground zero. Seeking professional help in the form of a professional maintenance crew doesn't harm much, and they will most likely know the best for your system. Call them up and have a look at your home and they will tell you how to take good care of your air conditioning unit, and maximize its potential and function. They will be attending each of your issues, should it be about the proper cleaning of your ducts, fixing of leaks, which filter to buy or maintain, everything that you might just need. Call them up and let them take a look at your unit and you will be alright.
Ericool is a trusted Singapore Air Conditioning Company specializing in air con repair and installing all types of air con units for Offices, Condos and many more.
Related Articles -
aircon repair tips, aircon,