So, you’ve decided to tackle cleaning the windows of your 2 story house. Great. You’ll save money, get some exercise and your house will just sparkle when you’re done. What’s that? Oh, you want to clean those upper windows but don’t know how, don’t know where to start?Easy enough, try these 10 tips for cleaning windows those upper windows: |
1. Very carefully…
2. You could use a hose and a spray on product. They produce TERRIBLE results – consider yourself warned.
3. Depending on your roofline, you may have an easier time getting at some windows via the roof. Be careful and NEVER take a bucket of water up there.Wet your sponge or use a bucket-on-a-belt.
4. You can use an A-frame ladder but they don’t always reach high enough to get all the 2nd story windows.
5. A better choice would be a professional window cleaner ladder, if you are in the market to buy one. They are light-weight and stack to make it easy for a beginner to use.
6. You could always hire a pro for just the uppers and then save money by cleaning the lowers yourself. Let them do theirs first as water can drip down and get onto the lower windows.
7. If all you’ve got is a clunky, contractor’s style ladder, use it. Just try to budget for something better suited to the job, like a set of window cleaner ladders, soon.
8. Invest in some window cleaning equipment and buy a pole. In fact, many professional window cleaners use a pole and keep their feet firmly planted on the ground, too. It takes a lot of practice to get this method streak-free. A lot. Of. Practice.
9. If you are lucky enough to have the tilt in windows, by all means, clean them that way. It doesn’t get the job done as well as from the outside but, in the interest of safety, go for it.
10. And, the last suggestion on getting those uppers cleaned, don’t. Who is going to see them anyway?
Related Articles -
window, windows, window cleaning,