Are you confused on how to actually improve your website traffic or even how to start receiving traffic in the first place? With so much information available, it is easy to get lost in all the lingo. Here are 10 easy tips to get you started. |
1. Optimize Your Site – Potential customers primarily use Google, Yahoo, MSN and AOL to search for services and products. You need to be sure that your website contains enough relevant text and not just pictures so that search engines are picking up keywords.
2. Email Signature – One of the quickest and easiest ways to increase your website traffic is by adding a personalized signature with your website URL to your emails. If you have employees, ask them to do the same.
3. Viral Marketing – Word of mouth is still one of the most powerful marketing strategies. Put an incentive program into effect and give your customers a reason to spread the word. They can easily be added to an affiliate program by supplying them with a link to your website that they can put in their blog and email.
4. Paid Search Placements – The right side and top links on the Google website are paid placements. You can purchase these area on a “pay-per-click” basis. This is a phenomenal way to generate website traffic and it is fairly inexpensive when compared to the return on your investment.
5. Link Or Banner Trade – It is always a good idea to trade a link or banner with other relevant websites. You advertise for them and they advertise for you. Also, having links posted on other sites that are relevant improves your Search Engine Ranking.
6. Offline Advertising – If you have business cards, letterhead, packaging and even certain products, that don't have your website URL somewhere visible, you are missing out on an easy way to increase your website traffic. Business cards are one of the most powerful marketing tools you have access to, be sure that you are reaping your maximum rewards from them.
7. Customer Email – Repeat customers are one of the most important parts of your business. Be sure that you have email addresses to your current customers so that you can keep them informed of new products and promotions.
8. Virtual Sales Force – Sign up for an affiliate program to increase your website traffic. An affiliate is paid a small commission to send people to your website. For example, many sites and blogs will have a “Buy at Amazon” type of link or banner, those are put there by affiliate.
9. Powerful PR – Have a media release about a new product or contest that you are offering. Be creative! A unique story will catch the eye of a busy journalist much faster than a generic one will.
10. Write Articles – There are many industry websites where you can publish articles relevant to your product or service and supply a link to your URL. Additionally, Ezinearticles, Hubpages and Squidoo are all wonderful outlets to use to increase your website traffic.
One of the most powerful tactics of traffic generation is Article Writing. Learn more by reading my free report all about Article Tactics. Don't underestimate the power of article writings. The more you write, the more you enjoy writing it, and the better your article will be.
Related Articles -
website traffic, traffic generation, unique content, article writing, article writing service,