Content management is a revolution in the world of website designing that is used to organize and manage web content. Numbers of content management systems are available but it is very difficult to suggest that which one is good for development project. Some CMS which provide user friendly platform have got a best position in the market. Mostly people like that platform which anyone can be easily handle and work on it. Lets we discuss about latest open source content management systems. |
1. Wordpress: If you are setting up a business website or standard blog to make your website online presence. Wordpress achieved the status of complete and fully fledged content management system. This is the best platform for those users who are not familiar with HTML or other markup languages. There is a large collection of Plugins and themes that you can use in your website.
2. Drupal: Drupal is counted in oldest and popular CMS platforms that have a very large and active community. It provides user and search engine friendly environment that is very helpful to improve your website ranking or website promotion. It’s a great application that creates a site with social features and simple installation process. One of the important features of drupal is the Taxonomy module that allows for multiple levels and types of categories.
3. Joomla: In term of functionality Joomla is an advanced CMS that is used to power websites of all shapes and sizes and it might be web portal, online magazines, Extranet and E-commerce applications. Joomla is mainly designed to be easy to install and set-up and its framework allows developers to create Data reporting tool, reservation systems, inventory control system and integrate control system.
4. Express Engine: It is one of the flexible and stylish content management systems for any type of projects that creates well structured and standard pages. It uses textile markup in the text areas to create HTML elements within the pages. Express engine CMS have the ability to have several sites with one installation of software.
5. TextPattern: Its simple design and stylish look make it popular which creates well structured, standard compliant pages etc. this application also uses textile markup in the text areas to create HTML element inside the pages.
6. Radiant CMS: This content management system basically designed for small teams built on the Ruby framework rails. It also uses textile markup language and allows arranging page according to any chain of command.
7. Cushy CMS: It’s a different content management system that contains all the basic functionality of a regular content management system but it doesn’t support specific language.
8. Silver Stripe: It behaves like Wordpress platform that provides templating language to help with design process. Website designing company can easily customize the content for their clients.
9. Alfresco: It’s an enterprise content management system that contains the feature of drop files into folders and converts into web documents.
10. TYPOlight: It offers unique packaged modules like newsletters and calendars. According to functionality it provides many features and configurable options.
There are numerous things that you should always kept in mind when choosing a CMS platform and it depends on your expectation and purpose.
Author Bio: Author likes to write on different articles related to Website design and development. In this article he is sharing his views on content Management system Platforms.
Related Articles -
Web development company, Web design company, Web designing company,