There are many interior design firms Singapore has to offer for couples who are planning to renovate their home or for single professionals moving to a new house closer to the office. This scenario begs the question: should I decorate my own place or should I employ someone else to do it? |
Below are the advantages of a DIY approach to interior design.
• You can save money. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars on hiring a designer, you can save that and buy the premium wallpaper for your bedroom.
• You can get creative. Get those creative juices flowing by mixing and matching the color themes you'd like to use. You decide which furniture looks good in the room and what area they should be placed in.
• You can bring your own vision to life. Once you have a clear idea of what you want your dining room to look like, you know exactly what furniture or fixture you'd like to buy.
• You get the satisfaction of doing everything yourself. At the end of your home improvement projects, you get to tell people you designed your beautiful home all by yourself. People will commend your level of taste and will have a better idea of who you are with your color and design choices.
• You have full budget control. Since you don't have a designer, you get to choose which expensive and inexpensive items you want to purchase. A designer might get a cheaper couch for a more expensive paint job but it turns out, you'd want it the other way around. You handle your own money the way you want to.
A DIY approach has its advantages but so does hiring a good interior designer.
• A designer will save you time. A designer will save you the trouble of collecting all the necessary information on samples, furniture selection, contractors and suppliers. Doing research takes a lot of time. You'll be glad you hired someone so you can spend your time on friends and family or work instead.
• A designer understands spatial layouts. You just bought a new couch and apparently, it's taken up most of the space in your small living room. A designer knows how to maximize the space they're given and know where to place objects so the room will still have
• A designer gives you the full picture before the room is finished. No need to only imagine what the finished product is. A designer has the software to visualize room setups for your convenience.
Related Articles -
interior, design, firms, singapore,