Crossfit classes are becoming so popular lately and it's not hard to figure out why! Crossfit is a core strength and conditioning program. The program describes itself to deliver fitness that is "broad, general and inclusive." It is designed to apply to almost any type of individual, as long as they have the dedication to go on with the program. It was based on the needs of many professional athletes, martial artists, military agents and police academies worldwide. |
To do Crossfit properly, one must enroll at a Crossfit gym . Since this type of exercise incorporates principles from multiple athletic fields and then some, you will find various equipment like barbells, kettle bells, pull-up bars, and gymnastic rings scattered around the room. You might even find PVC pipes. Don't laugh! They can help with form.
Here are some tips on how to make the most of your Crossfit Workout.
1. Be committed. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it must be said that Crossfit is unlike any exercise you've tried before. If you are going to be lazy about going to the box to work out, you won't see the results you want.
2. Be informed. Do your research on Crossfit--there is a wealth of information online that can help you decide if it is right for you. You can even join intro classes to help you get a feel of it as well as the kind of community Crossfit fosters.
3. Do your WODs. They are they for a reason! Do your workout of the day the best you can at a level you are pushing yourself to do it. Halfhearted work won't get you anywhere.
4. Watch out for form. It can get easy to want to do the WODs quickly and intensely but you might injure yourself in the process if not done correctly. Which brings us to:
5. Ask your trainer if you have questions. Fitness and crossfit are things you should be able to be comfortable to talk about, especially if you feel like you are not on the right track yet.
6. Track your progress, and compliment others on theirs. A good, positive and proactive community is one of the strengths of Crossfit as a fitness regimen, and its what keeps people going to get to their goal weight or form.
7. Maintain a healthy diet. Diet and exercise go hand in hand. If you are doing crossfit but eat junk all the time, chances are you won’t see the kind of results you want. Eat good, whole foods, and indulge occasionally.
8. Get enough sleep. Did you know that lack of sleep is one of the biggest reasons for bad health? Eight hours a day is what the doctor ordered.
Related Articles -
crossfit classes, crossfit gym,