The fresh Indian Super League, Hindustan's very own football competition is going to launch from 12 October 2014, and while the country highly anticipates for this football competition, here is the basics you should know about it.
Taking Indian football out of sleep
The Indian Super League was founded in 2013 after noticing that a lot of Indians are passionate about soccer, but unfortunately, have no national soccer competition with International allure to watch. The ISL aims to turn this around.
It is going to consist of 8 franchise clubs, owned from people and companies across the country. The league will begin in October and end in December.
The eight teams that will compete in this league are:
· Atletico de Kolkata, coached by Antonio Lopez Habas, with Spain as the foreign draft.
· Chennai Titans, practiced by Marco Materazzi with Italy as the foreign draft.
· Delhi Dynamos FC, practiced by Harm van Veldhoven with Netherlands as the foreign draft.
· FC Goa, assisted by, Zico with Brazil as the foreign draft.
· Kerala Blasters FC, assisted by David James with England as the foreign draft.
· Mumbai City FC, coached by Peter Reid with England as the foreign draft.
· North East United FC, coached by Ricki Herbert with New Zealand as the foreign draft.
· FC Pune City, practiced by Franco Colomba with Italy as the foreign draft.
While building their clubs, each club will have to aqcuire:
· At least seven foreigners, out of which two will be from the squad and five will be from the foreign player draft;
· One star player, which in the words of AIFF is "A foreign recruit who has represented his country in any of the continental championships like the European Championship, Copa America, African Nations Cup, Asian Cup, or FIFA World Cup will be called a marquee player;" and
· 14 Hindustani homegrown players, four of which have to be local players from the city the outfit belongs to.
Popular Who's who in the HeroISL
The league is owned by Reliance Industries Ltd, Star India Pvt. Ltd. and IMG Worldwide Inc. It would be aired only on STAR Sports and will have Hero MotoCorp as the league; thus the name Hero Indian Super League. From Bollywood, we have John Abraham who co-owns the squad North East United FC, Ranbir Kapoor who co-owns the Mumbai City FC squad, Abhishek Bachchan who co-owns Chennaiyin FC team, Salman Khan who co-owns the FC Pune City club, and Varun Dhawan who is the brand ambassador of the FC Goa outfit. From the field of Indian Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar is the co-owner of the Kerala Blasters FC club and Sourav Ganguly is the co-owner of the Atletico de Kolkata club.
Every year, the league would be played between October and December. Each squad will play against all other teams twice on a home-and-away basis. The top four teams will qualify for the finals.
Financing the outfit
Team owners' investments in the ISL are worth having a look. Different outfits have invested a great amount to purchase foreign players:
Goa: 430.000 USD
Chennai Titans: 380.000 USD
Atletico de Kolkata: 350.000 USD
Mumbai City: 330.000 USD
Kerala Blasters: 315.000 USD
Pune City: 280.000 USD
Delhi Dynamos: 260.000 USD
North East United: 260.000 USD
With this kind of money and international allure towards the Indian Super League, this is surely a football league you would not want to miss! Possibly a media boost to bring football in Hindustan to a higher level!
Are you looking for more information about The Indian Super League?
You can find information concerning the match reports touching The Indian Super League here: www.indiansuperleague-news.com!
It is truly hard because there are a lot fanpages to pick from. But this is for sure the best website for all your The Indian Super League related news!
Related Articles -
ISL Teams, ISL News,