The starstruck ISL, Hindustan's own soccer league is going to commence from 12-10-2014, and as the football fans get's crazy for this soccer competition, here is everything you should know about it.
Taking Indian football out of hibernation
The Indian Super League was organized in 2013 after seeing that many Indians are wild about soccer, but sadly, have no national soccer competition with International allure to support. The Indian Super League aims to turn this around.
It is going to consist of eight franchise teams, owned from people and companies across the country. The competition will initiate in October and end in December.
The eight teams that will compete in this league are:
· Atletico de Kolkata, practiced by Antonio Lopez Habas, with Spain as the foreign draft.
· Chennai Titans, trained by Marco Materazzi with Italy as the foreign draft.
· Delhi Dynamos FC, coached by Harm van Veldhoven with Netherlands as the foreign draft.
· FC Goa, practiced by, Zico with Brazil as the foreign draft.
· Kerala Blasters FC, assisted by David James with England as the foreign draft.
· Mumbai City FC, trained by Peter Reid with England as the foreign draft.
· North East United FC, coached by Ricki Herbert with New Zealand as the foreign draft.
· FC Pune City, practiced by Franco Colomba with Italy as the foreign draft.
While building their squads, each club will have to sign:
· At least 7 foreigners, out of which two will be from the outfit and 5 will be from the foreign player draft;
· One star player, which in the words of AIFF is "A foreign recruit who has represented his country in any of the continental championships like the European Championship, Copa America, African Nations Cup, Asian Cup, or FIFA World Cup will be called a star player;" and
· fourteen Indian domestic players, four of which have to be local players from the city the squad belongs to.
Important Who's who in the HeroISL
The league is owned by Reliance Industries Ltd, Star India Pvt. Ltd. and IMG Worldwide Inc. It would be aired exclusively on STAR Sports and will have Hero MotoCorp as the competition; thus the name Hero Indian Super League. From Bollywood, we have John Abraham who co-owns the outfit North East United FC, Ranbir Kapoor who co-owns the Mumbai City FC team, Abhishek Bachchan who co-owns Chennaiyin FC club, Salman Khan who co-owns the FC Pune City outfit, and Varun Dhawan who is the brand ambassador of the FC Goa outfit. From the field of Indian Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar is the co-owner of the Kerala Blasters FC squad and Sourav Ganguly is the co-owner of the Atletico de Kolkata team.
Every year, the league would be played between October and December. Each outfit will play against all other teams twice on a home-and-away basis. The top four teams will take part in the finals.
Investing in the team
Team owners' investments in the HeroISL are worth having a look. Different squads have invested a lot to attract foreign players:
Goa: 430.000 USD
Chennai Titans: 380.000 USD
Atletico de Kolkata: 350.000 USD
Mumbai City: 330.000 USD
Kerala Blasters: 315.000 USD
Pune City: 280.000 USD
Delhi Dynamos: 260.000 USD
North East United: 260.000 USD
With this kind of financing and international allure towards the HeroISL, this is surely a football league you would not want to miss! Possibly a media boost to bring soccer in India to a higher level!
Would you like to find more information about Indian Super League and the clubs like FC Pune City?
You can grab information dealing with the fresh information touching FC Pune City here: www.indiansuperleague-news.com!
It was truly not easy because there are many sites to pick from. But this is for sure the best site for all your FC Pune City related news!
Related Articles -
ISL Teams, Indian Football, HeroISL,