Car Insurance is not only important; it is the law. If you get behind the wheel, you will need to be able to demonstrate proof of insurance if you get pulled over. There are several circumstances in which you will be required to prove your insured. These include getting stopped by the police, another driver that you crash into and even government authorized officials. The best way to show you are covered is by storing an insurance identification card within your vehicle at all times. When an insurance policy becomes activated, I.D. cards can be printed out online, or they can be requested to be mailed to a person's home address. Since most people now buy their policies online, the fastest way to show car insurance proof is to print them out. At ocean harbor insurance, get your official state I.D. card on-line in less than 15 minutes. |
Car Insurance I.D. Cards contain Important information.
Almost all insurance identification cards will have critical information printed on them.
* The name of the policyholder * Policyholders Address * Policy number and expiration date * The Insurers Company Address * The Insured vehicle's model, make, VIN or vehicle ID number and year
The ins card should also have the insurance companies contact information, including phone number and website. Most have the policy coverage amounts listed on either the front or back. This becomes essential if an accident occurs and the other party requests this information. Some people in recent years have started using smartphones to take not only photos of auto accident scenes but photographs of the other parties insurance identification. This instant transfer of info has sped up the claim process and cut down on false filings. Get insured for less with ocean harbor insurance. Most consumers report savings of over $550 or more. Switch today and start saving.
When do you need to provide Proof of Insurance?
Carrying proof of insurance in your vehicle at all times is smart. It is also the law. You never know when you will be pulled over and asked to show it. Here are some common situations where you may be required to pull out your I.D. If you need coverage, let ocean harbor casualty insurance get you covered at cheaper rates. Apply for your free ocean harbor insurance quote immediately and take advantage of current online specials.
1. Getting pulled over by an officer Do you freak out when you see blue lights flashing behind you? Does your heart sink because you know you will be busted for not carrying auto insurance? You should never put yourself in these situations. You can get a cheap liability policy for less than $50 a month. Non-insurance tickets can be very expensive and if left unpaid, can exceed $1,000 in some states.
2. When you register your Vehicle Depending on the state where you purchased your car, you may not be allowed to register it unless you show proof of having the state minimum liability coverage. There is only one state, New Hampshire, that does not mandate automobile ins. That means 49 other states in the US require it. When you go to the DMV in your area, bring your actual company insurance card, not a photocopy. Officials at the DMV might not accept a copied one. Get insured with ocean harbor casualty online or by phone today.
3. When you are involved in an Accident Traffic crashes can be super stressful to anyone. If you are physically able, you should exchange insurance information with the other party as soon as possible. This will help you get paid faster and have accurate information on file.
4. When you sell your Automobile There is usually a registration time gap between when a person buys a vehicle from a private party and when the vehicle is registered with the DMV. This is why you should always have proof of auto ins in your vehicle, even if you just sold or bought it. At ocean harbor casualty insurance, you can print out multiple ID cards online whenever you need them.
Penalties for Driving without Insurance
The cost of driving without ins can be prohibitive. Fines vary by state, but can reach upwards of $500 or more for repeat offenders. Repeat violators will often have their driving privileges revoked, in addition to their automobile being towed away. The totality of fines can go into the thousands of dollars. This is why it does not make any sense to get on the road without being covered. Ocean Harbor Casualty Insurance can be bought for less than $600 a year. Most towing companies will charge that alone with impound fees. Get a quick quote from ocean harbor insurance or call toll free and a friendly rep will assist you.
Instant Proof of Auto Insurance
More states are now accepting electronic proof of car insurance. This is an added convenience for consumers that need instant coverage. One of the more popular ways of proving your covered is with a smartphone. Although it is against the law to drive and talk on a cellphone, you can upload your insurance information onto it instantly. In the event you are stopped by the police, you can show the officer your phone, instead of digging around for a piece of paper. There are now about 30 states that allow electronic proof of car insurance. In a few short years, all 50 states should come aboard. Download your policy info onto your smartphone with ocean harbor casualty insurance helpful online tools.
Get Low-Cost Insurance Online
Customers who search online for insurance are intelligent shoppers. They often compare 4 or 5 quotes before making a buying decision. At ocean harbor casualty, rates can be compared in under 6 minutes. Ocean harbor insurance partner with top-rated national carriers and saves most customers 40% or more. Get a free custom quote over the web or by phone at your convenience.
Related Articles -
ocean harbor insurance, ocean harbor casualty insurance, ocean harbor casualty,