All the Apple Earphones having Remote and Mic do not just work with iPhone and iPod. They work excellently with Apple computers also. All computers that display "External microphone" in their System Profiler are going to work fine with the Apple Earphones having Remote and Mic. If you wish to confirm that External microphones are part of your System Profiler, you must pick “choose About This Mac” that is on the Apple menu before clicking on “More Info.” Then select Audio (Built In), which is under the Hardware part.
How to know that a system detects the earphones and can utilize external microphone
Go to the Apple menu and select System Preferences. On the View menu, pick Sound. Even as the earphones are hooked up, hit on the Output tab, and you should see the Headphones listed as an output device. If you click on the Input tab, you can see whether any "External microphone" is listed here. If it’s listed your PC can make use of the microphone of apple earphones with mic.
The use of this device
You can use Apple Earphones having Remote & Mic when you
• Want to listen to songs and podcasts
• What to make a telephone conversation without having to use your hands and
• When you want to communicate on VoIP, Yahoo Messenger, Skype, GTalk, and additional mediums for audio communication
The apple earphones with mic offer a combination of easy use and handiness that additional headsets or Bluetooth items do not provide. The package that they come in has quality Apple earphones as well as a tiny remote placed on the right wire of the headset.
The remote features three buttons that you can use for adjusting volume, controlling music /video playback, and recording voice memos. Another feature of the remote is for 'skipping' music, and you can skip music by pressing on the remote a couple of times in quick succession.
The remote is slender, has a length that is approximately 2/3rd of that of any AA battery and has the mic on the backside. The earphones are usable on each and every iPod model.
However you can use the remote/mic are only on a few of the iPod models, namely, iPod Touch, iPhone (3GS/4), a 4th and 5th generation iPod Nano, and an iPod Classic. You can also use the earphones on MacBook Pro Aluminum. You cannot use the remote/mic on a 1st generation iPod Touch or a MacBook White.
This device has several advantages.
• You can use it for switching between from listening to songs and having a talk on your phone by using its controls.
• The remote’s attached to a branch of the wires of the earphones, and so you can access and use it without any difficulty. Users just need to extend one of their hands in the direction of the right earpiece for adjusting the controls. Thus they do not have to grope inside their jacket pockets or their purses for adjusting the volume, changing a song, or switching between listening to songs and a phone conversation.
• The sound that the mic offers is of excellent quality notwithstanding its location, and so you can be certain that the other party can hear your voice crystal clear. Cons
This device has a few drawbacks.
• The sound quality of the earphone is mediocre having little power and bass. They are also unable to withstand heavy workout sessions like running or active games.
• Furthermore, some the parts like the earphones and the wiring could be having an inferior make. Conclusion
The sound that the earphones produce is of relatively good quality and the earpieces easy to use if you take their costs into consideration. They are as good as similar Apple earpieces that are sold as separate units, and their remote and mic offer a combination that’s a fitting substitute for other forms of Bluetooth packages. You can use them on an extensive assortment of models of iPod/iPhone, and they have various uses.
Article Resources: http://www.sooperarticles.com/shopping-articles/electronics-articles/apple-earphones-mic-great-additional-your-electronic-kit-1513305.html
Related Articles -
apple earphones with mic, Samsung Galaxy Charger , San Disk Memory Card ,