Ladders are major equipments which are used during working at heights. These are assumed to be unsafe equipments; hence it is necessary to remain safe during work. The major accidents and falls occur as a result of bad management. The negligence of health and safety practices in the workplace needs to be overcome. Hence it is important that you follow proper ladder safety techniques to avoid injury or unnecessary accidents. |
Falls from height make up the largest number of serious injury compensation claims brought in the workplace. Anyone working at height, either on scaffolding or on ladders, has to be aware of the potential dangers involved and it is up to the employer to make sure those risks are kept to an absolute minimum. Ladder safety systems can be quite useful in many different situations to aid in completing any number of tasks.
Once you have decided that you need to use a ladder to complete your project, make sure that you have the right type of ladder. There are many types of ladders all with their own advantages and disadvantages. Hence ladder safety device should be used with extensive care. While you may be eager to get started on your project, please take the time to ensure that your ladder is set-up correctly and that you know how to use it safely. The major adder safety tips are as follows to avoid any unwanted situation:
1. Inspect the area around where you want to place your ladder. Check for any obstructions that may impede your ladder set-up or the work that you are doing while on the ladder.
2. Use a wall or second person to anchor the base of the ladder as you lift the ladder above your head. Make sure the soles of your footwear are clean and in good condition.
3. If using a straight or extension ladder, make sure that the top of the ladder is resting against a straight and solid surface.
4. Stay centered on the ladder so that your balance point is straight down.
5. Do not carry heavy items while climbing the ladder, use some type of hoist or pulley system to retrieve the items instead.
You can never be too safe when working at height, but the chances of falls can be minimized by following safety tips. Hence it is necessary to remain careful as well as follow safety tips. The safety tips will help you to remain safe during the working hours.
CSS Worksafe is a leading company in UK offering different types of ladder safety training courses & also deal in supplying Ladder Safety Equipment, as well as inspections. The company is renowned for its knowledge and expertise in the field of ladder safety and the ladder training course. You can get more information about the company from web. Visit the company website and you will get satisfactory solution.
Related Articles -
Ladder restraints, ladder safety training, ladder training, ladder safety, fall arrest system, safety ladders,