This Checklist should be used as a guide to assess your workplace health and safety risks. It is intended to assist you identify your 'risk profile' and 'potential exposures' and with identification to take appropriate action to minimise these risks and exposures. |
Please answer the following question honestly by drawing a circle around or shading in the column. If you can only answer part of the question in the affirmative, then you should select 'No'.
Workplace health and safety is every persons responsibility in the workplace. There are severe penalties for breaches of health and safety.
1. I have a written workplace health and safety policy statement Yes No
2. I have fully documented workplace health and safety procedures for all employees Yes No
3. I have policies for chemical, electrical, manual and ergonomic use and safe handling Yes No
4. I induct all employees into the workplace using a documented process Yes No
5. My staff are trained in safe work processes and procedures Yes No
6. My policies and procedures are available to all employees and are regularly referred to, used and updated Yes No
7. I have identified risks and hazards at the workplace and have appropriate controls in place Yes No
8. All workplace health and safety accidents and incidences are reported and reviewed Yes No
9. We have low accident and injury rate compared to our industry average Yes No
10. I provide my employees with regular constructive feedback and reward them where appropriate for safe working Yes No
11. I conduct regular workplace health and safety updates and audits Yes No
11 from 11 well done
10 from 11 well done, almost there
9 from 11 very good and tie up loose ends
8 from 11 good and you must tighten up these loose ends
7 from 11 you have a high risk profile, take action
6 or less remedial action urgently required to 'protect' your business
If you have identified some of your risks and hazards take action today and get professional, timely assistance and training. Your business may be at risk of claims by employees.
Related Articles -
Health, Safety, Health and Safety,