Pots play an integral part in gardening. Without the right pots proper gardening will not be possible. Today garden pots in Melbourne are available in an array of choices which encompass almost every style including practical, contemporary and traditional.
Check Out the Different Types of Garden Pots
Although pots in Melbourne are available in different types and styles, but some of the most widely used include,
- Self Watering Pots- These pots have come a very long way. Earlier it was available in plastic, but with technological advancements today, such pots are available in almost all materials. The self-watering pots comes with an inbuilt water holding reservoir. The specialized opening provides a place for filling the reservoir. Besides the openings for the roots of the plant and a wicking system will help in conducting water to the dry soil from the reservoir.
- Strawberry Planters- These come in different forms of which the most traditional indeed is the jar having pockets. Generally made of glazed clay or terracotta, these pots will offer planting spots both in the pockets and at the top. These glazed pots in Melbourne are extremely popular. The other varieties such as totem planters and hanging baskets will help runners to dangle. Tiered, raised strawberry pyramids help in elevating the crop due to which it occupies less ground space yet still produce good yields.
- Window Boxes- These pots will give a home a feel of allure and charm like no other pots. The window boxes will suit just any architectural style. It comes in different materials including metal, wood and plastic.
- Raised Beds- Another popular variety is the raised bed. These pots will offer a gardening choice when the existing soil indeed is just impossible for growing. Any form of material can be used for making elevated planting beds such as brick, stone and wood. Always select the height of the raised bed that will be ideal for the crops, the growing region and most importantly your health. Planting perennials, especially in a freestanding bed above 6” height in a cold zone is a big no. The taller beds are likely to double while hosting backyard picnics or tending plants. The key to utmost success in case of a raised bed is by filling the same with good quality soil.
- Vertical Pots- You can select these pots when enough horizontal space is available. The vertical containers will help to take planting to absolutely new heights and with pocket-type, rectangular or half-round planters that snugly fit against the vertical surfaces and at the same time offering a spot for tucking plants and soil. For tight quarters, put these pots for creating a tiered garden. Besides, look for wall-mounted or freestanding vertical containers which resemble small shelves or hold stacked planting containers. Such pots will create living surfaces which will transform a wall into a beautiful garden.
Along with garden pots, garden statues in Melbourne are also equally in demand. The good news is these also come in myriad styles and types which means there is one to suit your taste, needs and budget.
About the Author-
Through the medium of this article Vanessa Lewis has brought into limelight the different types of garden statues available in Melbourne and also the growing demand for garden pots in Melbourne.
Related Articles -
pots Melbourne, garden pots Melbourne, glazed pots Melbourne, garden statues Melbourne,