A large part of basic manhood care involves simple male organ protection. For example, wearing a latex protector when coupling increases protection against social diseases. Often, especially among men who are actively athletic, a guy needs to protect his manhood by wearing a jockstrap. To help men get better male organ protection from their jockstraps, we offer the following pieces of advice. |
Tips and recommendations
- Actually wear it. Jockstraps (often called athletic supporters) get a bad rap. Men complain they’re uncomfortable and that they squish their male organ and sacks together in a way that isn’t natural. As a result, many men don’t wear their jockstraps. But even though there may be a little discomfort involved, a jockstrap can help keep the member from getting injured - and that’s worth the discomfort.
- Use a cup when appropriate. When involved in contact sports in which there is a distinct possibility of a direct blow to the manhood, adding a protective cup to the jock is crucial. The plastic cup is often bought separately from the jockstrap itself and slipped into the pouch after it is put on. Cups generally come in four sizes (child, youth, teen and adult). They may vary in shape as well, with some having a fuller shape and others a leaner shape, depending upon the size and shape of a guy’s package.
- But don’t always opt for a cup. In some cases, a cup may be a detriment. For example, men who are involved in long distance track events may need a jock to keep their male organ and sacks in place, but likely do not need a cup. Wearing a cup while running in a track event could potentially lead to some unintended chafing.
- Select a style that fits the need. The traditional jockstrap is a thick waistband that supports a knit pouch and sports two elastic bands to connect the pouch back to the waistband, leaving the rear exposed. However, there are many variations on this theme, including jocks that resemble regular briefs and boxer briefs, some that look like a wrestler’s singlet, those that offer additional straps for the thighs, etc. In addition, some jocks are designed with specific sports in mind, such as swimming (which tends to be much thinner to fit under a speedo) or cold weather sports (which includes extra padding for warmth). There can also be variations in the pouches. Some are designed for a snug fit, others are more contoured.
One thing to remember: sometimes a jockstrap may have a "look" that appeals to a man (and may present his member in a sensually appealing manner) but it may not offer as much protection as another style. When concentrating on male organ protection, sacrifice a better look for better functionality.
- Consider layering. In some instances, it may pay to add extra protection to the midsection. Some men wear compression shorts under their jockstrap. Others may wear a pair of briefs, either over or under the strap. This is a personal choice, of course. However, if wearing the jock over another layer of clothing, it may be necessary to move up to a larger waist size, especially if a man is already unsure of which size he should get.
Wearing a jockstrap helps add a new layer of male organ protection when involved in sports, but another key factor in such protection is keeping the equipment in great general health. This can be aided by consistent use of a top notch member health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) . For best results, a man wants to be sure that the selected crème provides a sufficient array of vitamins, such as vitamins A, B5, C, D and E. In addition, the crème should include L-arginine, an amino acid that helps produce the nitric oxide which in turn helps male organ blood vessels to open and receive greater influxes of blood.
Visit www.menshealthfirst.com for more information about treating common male organ health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of male organ sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Related Articles -
male organ protection, jockstrap, member health crème,