Change is hard. That's why there aren't thousands of self-help books telling people the secrets to change. But why is change so difficult and what can you do to make it easier? Here are seven tips to keep you inspired and moving forward towards your goals. |
1. Create a New Belief Before you see change in your outer world, you need to start with change in your inner world. Who do you need to be and what do you need to believe about yourself to make this goal happen?
Create an affirmation around the positive change you want to see. Here are some examples:
- I AM making a difference in the lives of 1000’s of people across the world. - I AM a sought-after (fill in the blank) and thought-leader. Say your affirmations in the morning and at night and watch the transformation take place!
2. Break Big Goals into Smaller Achievable Steps While it's great to have crazy big goals it can also leave you frustrated.
That's why it's important to break your goals down into smaller bite-sized actions. Smaller goals will give you a sense of progress and being achievable which keeps you motivated.
Break them down into tasks with a time frame. That way you can check them off as you complete each task and feel more accomplished.
3. Schedule Time to Work on Goals If your goals are your top priority it only makes sense to schedule time on your calendar dedicated to achieving them.
I know you must work IN your business, but reaching goals means time is needed to work ON your business. Block out time to work solely on tasks that help you achieve your goal.
Guard that time carefully. Success requires dedicated time to put yourself first.
4. Get Support Have someone to be your cheerleader who can keep you focused and on track. Join an online support group. Hire a coach or mentor. Tell your best friend or spouse what you intend to do.
Support will hold you accountable, keep you motivated, and help you when you feel stuck.
5. Celebrate Small Wins If you are putting in hard work remember to acknowledge your efforts and progress. Find an exciting way to reward yourself when you reach certain benchmarks.
Do you want a pedicure? Want a movie night? What about treating yourself to a nice massage? Find a reward that truly motivates you to put in the work and make it happen.
6. Visualize Your Goal-Completed Rewards Many athletes will tell you the secret to winning the game or achieving that record is to visualize them accomplishing it first.
When you see yourself achieving the goal in your mind it puts the power of your subconscious to work for you. You'll spot the resources and opportunities that are available to support you.
Seeing it in your mind first is believing. Once you own that vision of your success you are half way there to achieving it.
7. Gear Up Get the tools, support and information you need to complete your goal.
Do you need to get your business branding done or a new website built? Should you hire a new team member?
Whatever your goal is there is a book you can read, a course you can take, or someone you can talk to that will enable you to move you forward. Invest in what you need to make it happen.
Whatever goals you have set for the new year, I wish you the greatest of success in creating a work and life you love!
Related Articles -
goals, business goals, website tools, marketing, branding, resources needed, mindset,