Looking for a swimsuit to go out for swimming but do not know which one to go for? Toggling between whether to buy a triathlon swimsuit or an athletic one-piece swimsuit? Today, let us see why is a triathlon wetsuit worth the investment and what one should look for when buying it. It offers a lot of benefits over other swimsuits which makes it a must try and a must have in your collection. |
Read on to know more about and the reasons to choose a triathlon wetsuit
Why should you go for a triathlon wetsuit?
A triathlon wetsuit provides various benefits over a surfing wetsuit, diving wetsuit or for that matter no swimsuit at all. Following are the features that a triathlon wetsuit has:
• Buoyancy This property helps lifting the body from the water and let you float higher. This helps to spend less energy in keeping yourself afloat and use that energy in moving forward instead thereby assisting you to do swimming easily.
• Warmth Wetsuits keep your body warm in cold water by helping the body maintain the body heat. It is made up of neoprene which acts as a natural warmer and limits the amount of water coming in direct contact with the body. Although triathlon wetsuit is specially designed more for flexibility, performance and buoyancy warmth is also no exception.
• Hydrodynamics While swimming it is required that the wetsuit which one wears help reduce the drag and the friction while swimming and hence make the person swim faster. This is a hydrodynamic feature which is provided by almost all the triathlon wetsuits and is better in mid and high range wetsuits.
• Flexibility This is an important feature for triathletes and a wetsuit is made of flexible material such as to provide flexibility in areas like the chest, arms/shoulders etc. It also fits comfortably.
See what category you belong to? Decide what category you belong to and accordingly choose the wetsuit from the range available. Basically, you can belong to one of the following categories:
• Category 1: If you are a beginner and are budget minded then you belong to this group. If you are just starting then, of course, you need not spend much and just get started.
• Category 2: If you are seeking value and speed you probably belong to this type. These are generally the intermediate swimmers who want a better fit and something to increase their speed.
• Category 3: If you want comfort and speed but want it in a proven technology you belong to this category. You probably want better performance without paying much.
• Category 4: If you are looking for newest innovations, comfort, advanced hydrodynamics and hardly mind paying much then this is the category for you.
Accordingly, you can choose from one of the following:
• Basic entry wetsuit: These wetsuits are made from lower grade neoprene but provide the buoyancy and warmth. • Mid-range wetsuit: It provides increased flexibility and durability. • High-end wetsuit: This wetsuit provides the best flexibility, buoyancy and are designed to for comfort and speed and are of course the most expensive ones.
Look for a proper fit
Fit should be the most important factor while considering a wetsuit. You will feel comfortable only when the fit is proper. It should give you the following fit: • The neckline should be comfortable and not cause suffocation. • Shoulders should be free to move. • It should be body fit but not tight. • Properly fit at the arms and knee holes so that no water gets through.
Wetsuits come in a huge variety and ranging from triathlon wetsuit to athletic one piece swimsuits and much more. If you are heading for swimming then you cannot afford to not have a swimsuit in your swim bag. Get ready to try it and fall in love with the benefits that a triathlon wetsuit has to offer!
Related Articles -
athletic one piece swimsuits, triathlon wetsuit,