Fashion Design is a highly creative field, and also a highly competitive one, owing to the fact that there is no shortage of artistic minds in this country or this world. So what sets certain fashion designers apart from others? The fashion designing course they took? Not on a significant level. The institute they studied in? On a fundamental level, but still not it. Heck, people without any degrees or diploma in fashion designing have went on to become very successful fashion designers. It’s the ‘vision’. |
Having a compelling vision is imperativeon the road to success, and the key to be more satisfied with your life, as well as crucial in getting the most out the opportunities that life will present you with. Your vision describes what you want to achieve in the future. It basically answers the question that we all have at some point in our lives “Where do I want to be?"Here are 5 tips you might find helpful in giving you some perspective, and granting you vision.
1. Focus on what really matters to you. Ask yourself, “What do I want to do?”, and not “What should I do?”
2. Use the 5 Why's to drill into why it is that you want what you say you want. For example, you want to be a fashion designer, but why? Then whatever the answer is, ask why again and so on. When you have done this a few times you'll get to the root reason why you want it.
3. Be creative and dream about your future. Use your imagination and picture how you want it to be.
4. What will the results look like? What will you accomplish? How will you feel about yourself? How will you feel about others and the type of family and career or business you for?
5. Don't focus on how you're going to get there, just focus on what it will be like when you do. The 'how to get there' is considered when you complete your personal development plan.
The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. If you haven’t already, you need to enrol in a fashion designing course of your choice first, to familiarise yourself with the basics of your future profession. There are leading fashion designing institutes in Delhi you can look up. You can also go for short term fashion designing courses in Delhi.
Related Articles -
diploma in fashion designing, fashion designing institutes in Delhi,