An inverter battery has become an essential element in almost every house. It is a device where certain chemicals are stored which is converted into electrical energy as when it is required. Inverter batteries have become popular due to the recent power cuts in our country. The power generated using an inverter can be used as a substitute for electricity. The capacity of the battery decided the number of hours you can make use of it as a source of power. There are several types of UPS or inverter battery based on its capacity and usage. Hospitals, hotels, shopping malls, apartments, etc have high capacity inverters to satisfy the power needs during shut down. A low capacity UPS is sufficient for individual houses. The following article gives some useful tips on taking care of your inverter battery. A UPS installed at houses can offer power for a short period during power cuts. They are helpful during frequent power cuts. You can make use of the energy from UPS or inverter battery to run certain electrical appliances for a short period. It is really good news that power surges caused by several reasons can be avoided when you make use of good quality and well maintained UPS. The following are some of the maintenance tips to extend the battery life. |
Valuable UPS Maintenance Tips
- Install At The Right Place: When you install a UPS in your house, or other commercial spaces make sure that you place them in a cool and dry place. Make sure that the temperature does not exceed 25 degree Celsius. Higher surrounding temperature can affect the life of your UPS. Check if you have installed the UPS or inverter battery with proper space around. It must be out of reach from moisture
- Storing Replacement Batteries: You may not store replacement batteries for several months without use. This is because storing the battery for more than a year without use can affect its lifetime. When you’re forced to store batteries for emergency purpose make sure to store them in a temperature of -10 degree Celsius.
- Need For Calibrating Batteries: It is essential that you calibrate the UPS batteries once or twice a year so that it would increase the lifetime of your batteries. It is just like checking the health of the battery and do not overdo it as it can reduce the battery life.
- Maintenance Is A Must: Regular maintenance of your UPS is required so that you can extend its lifetime. Do not let the UPS to be discharged for several hours. Recharge the UPS immediately after a power cut so that you do not let the battery drained for hours. Check for the levels of the chemicals and the water levels so that your battery functions well
- Use of Energy Saving Devices: Energy saving devices like LED lights, CFL lamps, etc consume less power, and thus you can install them in your house. During power, cuts make use of the energy-saving devices so that you can extend the life of your UPS or microtek inverter battery.
Tips And Tricks For Maintaining Your Battery
Inverter batteries or UPS are expensive, and thus you have to take some efforts to maintain it. Proper maintenance can help in extending its lifetime, and this would help to save a lot of money. Regular maintenance of the inverter batteries can also keep your other household electrical appliance safe. By following the tips mentioned below, you need not replace your batteries frequently.
- Always store or install the inverter batteries in a dry place with proper ventilation. Do not fit the UPS in an airy place as it reduces the water levels soon.
- Ensure that the battery is used regularly. If there is no power cut make sure to discharge the battery and recharge it. This would help to extend the lifetime of your battery.
- Check the water levels once in two months and fill it with distilled water.
- Clean the areas where you have installed the battery regularly make sure that the UPS is free from dust.
- Check for corrosion on the terminals of the battery as it might affect the proper functioning of your UPS.
Nantech power system is a leading ups battery dealers in chennai, which deals with the manufacture and sale of various types and capacities of inverter batteries or UPS. They also specialize in online UPS, stabilizers, isolators, harmonic filters, and other power-related devices. They posses experienced engineers who work with dedication to manufacture quality power systems. You can trust Nantech for their world-class quality and timely delivery of products. They also set up solar panels based on the request of the clients. They offer a reliable power supply for an affordable price. They take proper care of the power equipment through their after sale service. You can get you inverters or batteries customized based on your business needs with Nantech.
Related Articles -
servo voltage stabilizer manufactures, isolation transformer manufacturers, inverter dealers in chennai,