Ovarian cysts are like blisters or fluid-filled sacs form on the ovaries on each side of the uterus. The majority of the cysts are harmless and disappear without any treatment. However, in some cases, they indicate health issues that can be as severe as infertility. When the cysts cause a problem, they need to be diagnosed and treated. Mainly, when the cysts rupture, they cause further severe problems. They need immediate treatment. |
The different types of cysts are:
• Polycystic Ovarian Disease or PCOS:It is the condition when the cysts form a buildup of follicles. Due to it, the ovaries enlarge and create a thick covering. It prevents ovulation. Therefore, it causes infertility. PCOS is a significant problem which needs treatment.
• Dermoid cysts: They are filled with various tissues such as skin and hair.
• Functional cysts: They are formed at the time of ovulation. Therefore, they are uncommon in women who attend menopause. The cysts are small and automatically shrink and disappear within two to three menstrual cycles.
• Endometrioma cysts: They are formed the tissues that are similar to the lining of the uterus get attached to the ovaries.
• Cystadenoma cysts: They are formed on the outer surface of the ovaries.
The most worrying aspect of cysts is that there are no symptoms most of the times. Therefore, they are not diagnosed and treated early. However, there are symptoms like a dull ache in the abdomen or a sense of pressure or fullness. If there is pain during intercourse or otherwise, then it is an indication of ovarian cysts. When the cyst gets twisted,it blocks the flow of blood to the cyst.
The pain felt in the abdomen depends on various factors like bleeding, size of the cyst, and bursting of the cyst. Delayed and irregular period, painful period are other prominent symptoms of cysts. When there are symptoms, one should meet the specialist as early as possible.
Cause of the cyst
Though the exact cause of the cyst is not known, experts blame the hormonal imbalance for some types of cysts, e.g., PCOS and functional cyst. When the ovulation happens, a cyst-like structure is formed. It ruptures when the egg is released during ovulation. The empty follicle forms a corpus luteum which dissolves if the pregnancy doesn’t occur.
If the process doesn’t conclude appropriately, the functional cysts are formed. It is very much essential to get the diagnosis and treatment of the cyst done by a specialist. Proper treatment can resolve the problem entirely.
AV Hospital is Well know and respected the hospital for Laparoscopy treatment and Ovarian Cysts treatment Surgery in Bangalore . Get your cost report today and overcome as soon as possible.
Related Articles -