When temperatures climb up, up, up into the 80s, 90s, and beyond, many men respond by downing – downing a few frosty cold beers, or perhaps some perfectly chilled wine, or even knocking back some of the harder liquors. For adults, alcohol intake may rise during the summer – or it may remain fairly consistent all year round. But unfortunately, for some men, upping their alcohol intake may have an unintended male organ health consequence, namely upping their male organ odor as well. Considering that male organ odor is one of the most often cited turn-offs among women, attending to this issue is really in a guy’s best self-interest. |
The alcohol–male organ odor connection
It may seem strange to some that drinking more alcohol should result in more male organ odor emanating from the midsection. And to be perfectly accurate, alcohol doesn’t enter the bloodstream and then specifically target the manhood for an increase in male organ odor issues. Rather, consumption of alcohol – especially in large quantities, and most especially when binge drinking – tends to bring about an increase in body odor in general.
Everyone knows how nasty “morning after” breath can be, but that’s not the issue here. Rather, this refers to a particular body odor that is associated with long-term heavy drinking, but which can in some cases occur after only one night of excess imbibing. As with so many things, this depends upon how a person metabolizes alcohol, and everyone’s metabolism is slightly different. So, John Doe may be able to consume a six pack without producing abnormal body odor, but Jim Doe reeks when he does the same thing.
That other 10%
However, there is a formula that gives an idea of why a person may have alcohol-based body odor. An “average” drinker, one who does not overindulge, is usually able to metabolize somewhere around 90% of the alcohol they consume. (Again, this is an estimate and varies from one person to the next.) What happens to the other 10%? It leaves the body, either through urine or through sweat.
But it takes time for the body to metabolize anything. So, if a person drinks an excessive amount of alcohol, the body won’t metabolize the same 90% in the same amount of time. That means that more than 10% of the alcohol is going to get urinated or sweated out of the body. And that increase in alcohol-fueled sweat causes the alcohol-based body odor.
Fixing the problem
There’s an obvious way to avoid alcohol-based male organ odor: don’t drink. Or if a person does drink, they should do so only in moderation. (As an aside, for those who consume too much alcohol regularly, seeking counseling is strongly advised.) But for those who enjoy a little alcohol, the following tips may be helpful for combatting male organ odor:
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water dilutes the concentration of alcohol and helps speed its metabolization. It also helps encourage elimination of alcohol via urine rather than through sweat.
- Stay appropriately fed. Drinking on an empty stomach often leads to drinking a greater quantity. Eating appropriately can help the body to absorb some of the alcohol as well.
- Spread things out. Downing one drink after another in a short period of time brings about a greater concentration of alcohol. Spreading the drinks out over a longer period of time brings about better metabolization.
Male organ odor, whether caused by alcohol or other factors, is better controlled when a man uses a first-class male organ health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Look through the ingredients list and be sure that any crème selected contains vitamin A. Why? Because vitamin A is especially good at fighting bacteria, such as those that cause the stench associated with male organ odor. Bacteria often settle into cracks in the skin, so finding a crème with capable moisturizing agents like shea butter and vitamin E can help keep skin smooth and supple and less likely to entertain male organ odor.
Visit www.menshealthfirst.com for more information about treating common male organ health problems, including soreness, redness and loss of male organ sensation. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Related Articles -
male organ odor, alcohol, male organ health creme,